Another Valve spring option for larger cams

Well i stumbled across what may very well be another valve spring option for an L series head, they have very similar specs to the isky springs, except a little stiffer, and good for more lift, well atleast I think they are anyways, and are about half the price my cost from my source, then the isky springs, there is some machine work required to make them work on a L series cylinder head, but from what i can tell so are the isky if you want to take full advantage of the lift increase of the isky springs, i have a set here now, and will be doing some tests on some cylinder heads that I have here at my house this weekend, so i will keep you posted.. 

I also once I get a few outstanding deals that i have out there from many, many moths ago, no good excuse on my part.......

I will start offering full cylinder head service, anything from your basic rebuild to full on race builds, and everything in between, including new valve seats, guides, and larger valves, and I have very good prices on stainless valves, and stock replacment valves, in standard size along with plus sizes, and port and polish work as well, I have some heads in stock now, that i can offer up on an exchange service, along with engine builds as well, I have most equipment in house now, and I will be offering custom tubing work, such as rollbars-full cages, and any other welding, and some patch panels as well, My first customer for welding work, is Eagle Adam :thumbup: , and we will be starting that after canby, there is a few members on here that have seen some of my welding/cage work, as well, as my cylinder head work.

Sorry guess i got a little off topic, but Im excited

Edited by GreaseMonky
  • Like 1
  • Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Isky sells spring already.

if cam isnt too big run 1 stock and 1 after market(isky)

Yes isky does sell sprigs already, but These new springs will out perform the isky springs and are half as much...

I already have my own spring solution, just curious to see what else is out there. You never know what you don't know!

Im interested to know what your spring option is as well

See alot of talking but no photos and part numbers 

That would be a big help. once writtien in stone maybe can be posted on Olddatsuns.com tech section

I am very poor at posting pictures, and the only reason I haven't posted any part numbers, is cause I don't want someone to find a thread, and not read it all the way thru, and get information that I posted that may not be correct, once I know for sure that they will work, I will post the rest of the info

And I realize that you don't need a stiffer spring for a SLIGHTLY bigger cam, but if you plan on turning very high RPM's the a higher spring rate could be a good thing to help fight valve float, these spring that I am looking at would not be a good choice for a stock replacement, but for a race application they COULD be a good choice

The Spring rate is 320lb

at an installed height of 1.700 they would be 135lb,

they are a dual spring design, with a dampner

and good for about .600 lift I will work on getting you more specs as soon as I have them verified, I can tell you that with these springs you will most likely half to cut the spring pocket on the head to allow for the the ability to run up to .600" lift,

Nah, mine's not secret. It's chevy spring for the V6 "ecotec" motor; but which motor that is, I am not sure of. I get them through my local machinist; it replaces the outer spring only. It's very similar, but slightly stiffer, than the Rebello "A" spring set. at a 1.700" installed height, it had 8lbs less seat pressure, but 26lbs more pressure over the nose. He has a whole box of old springs that we looked through and found one that fit close. He called it the v6 ecotec spring, so that's what I have been using since. Handles about 0.490" lift fine, without having any issues...won't coil bind till far more than that, but you will run out clearance elsewhere before you coil bind that spring.

Also, if you can get 1.8" installed spring height (I haven't figured that out yet) then LS1 beehive springs can be made to work...