weber Questions? helppp...

i have datsun 510 2 door. i  have dual webers on my motor. motor is Fully Rebuilt.Race Head. race Headers. Bigger Pistons. bigger cam. i wanted to put Stacks but he tells me not to. i want it to last. so i need some help.. 

my mechanic is telling me i need to get a AirBox for the webers so dirt n stuff wont mess up my Motor. TRUE or FALSE? 

Can dirt get in side the webers wit just stacks?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. Obviously if there is nothing filtering the air, particles can get into the motor... An airbox or filter balls or socks will be needed to keep the air clean. Dont pour a bunch of money into a rebuilt engine and skimp on a small part just for your "swag factor."

I'm with Tristin on this one.  All you have to do is pull out your air filter from any other car or truck your driving right now to see all the crap on your filter. Not times that by 3 and you will get what comes into an open intake. Had individual pods on my GSXR (K&N's. After a month, they were full of everything. Don't take the risk!!

Yes. Obviously if there is nothing filtering the air, particles can get into the motor... An airbox or filter balls or socks will be needed to keep the air clean. Dont pour a bunch of money into a rebuilt engine and skimp on a small part just for your "swag factor."

^^^^^^^^^

What he said!

depending on what intake and length of stack you have you might not be able to get aircleaners on there.

I have the Nissammotorsport set up and it so long that Nothing will fit.Have to cut the last horn otherwise will hit the brake master.

They make socks for them.

My daily driver has a old K&N set up. works good.

But if you got the long one i have on my yellow car I dont run anything but it gets dirty. matter of fact since 1984 it hasnt had aircleaners from the previous owner.

I wouldnd worry to much unless you live on a dirt road. or theres a Locas plauge