• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the response. Here is my truck:

b545c87b.jpg

3d6055b3.jpg

The body was good and what rust was there was cut out (the bed) and body work done. It has new tires, alternator, windshield, fuel pump, speedometer and lots of other parts. It has the 5sp, 4wd, Warn winch, custom receiver hitch with d-rings. It has 118,000 original miles.

I want to price it within reason as my job ends in July, so I'm scaling back. Thanks again for your response.

I failed to answer your question about the condition. It's in excellent condition considering its 29 years old. It doesn't have AC, but it starts the first try, doesn't burn oil, and gets very good gas mileage. It's all stock as I really wanted to keep it as close to stock as possible. It has the alt and oil pressure gauges, original tools, manual, etc. it does have an after market radio.

If you are willing to goof around with an out of state purchaser, this truck would bring $4000 easy down here in Houston, based on what I've seen moving on Craigslist.

Give it the Chuck Norris "Invasion USA" paintjob and the sky's the limit...!

I've had some nice ones. I've never paid more than a grand for one. Even kc 4x4s.that one isn't so bad. If I were buying I'd offer around fifteen hundred. But where I'm at those aren't hard to find.

Ones I've had were straight. Motor rebuilt. New ckutch, lift and tires already done. Shrug... Ask what you want for it. If nobody bites lower it a little till you get interest then a buyer.

I think $1500 would be low even for here. On CL I'd ask $2500 firm.

^^^what he said, Izzo thinks a rustbucket with 350xxx miles is "nice" and a "new ckutch" means it still works. ...."motor rebuilt" means it still runs on three cyl...

Keep dreaming Kami :lol:  Just because you can't hold down a job and afford maintenance, doesn't mean we all can't.  Oregon Trail cards are not monthly allowances for car funds buddy :rofl:

Never said 1500 wasn't low :lol: Just imputing what I have paid, here in the NW.  They are more available here, nice ones, shitty ones etc.  My input was based off of what I personally have paid and on condition / upkeep.  I also stated to start high, but didn't give him what to start at.  It's worth what someone will pay for it.  That being said, 2500 isn't a bad deal.  3500 doesn't seem bad either.  Are there many over there? I'd be interested in seeing what this went for in your area.  Someone may see the value in it and buy it. 

It's all going to boil down to.... Will someone see the value in it? Maybe there is an enthusiast over there!  Surely they would see it, and know its worth something in that condition.  You don't want to sell it to low, either. Some UN-appreciative shit head will buy it, and take it to the woods before they even get to the DMV. It's only original once!

To answer your question again, sort of. Start high!  stick a 3500 dollar price tag on there.. Let it sit for the 7 days on CL or whatever you're putting it on and see what kind of interest there is. If not, lower it a little each time the ad is placed. Sooner or later, people will start asking questions and wanting to see it. 

PS.  Wasn't trying to bash you and have you sell it for less than what you can get it for with my first post.

Great comments, guys. I am getting encouraged. The interior is solid and intact. The driver's seat is worn and has some rips...I keep it covered. The speedometer was broke, so I got another one and it works. It has an aftermarket radio that works very well. All the lights, blinkers, etc. work. NO AC...so it's a little warm in the Kansas summer. All new exhaust, tires, recent alignment, and will replace all hoses and belts to be on the safe side. I'm an old fossil and prefer not to break down...:-) Spare is excellent. I have to be out on business trip and come July 1, I'll see what the market is for the old girl. Datsuns and early Nissans are very rare here...more Toyotas, and most of them are pretty well rusted out. This truck spent most of its life in Colorado Springs, and I don't drive it on the salty roads.

Thanks again for all the great comments.

I dont want to start trouble, but if the speedometer was broken, then the low mileage you qouted might not be as low as indicated.

No, I got the truck, all the papers, and repair records from old family friends. We did the swap out ourselves. Sometimes we just think the worst.

No, I got the truck, all the papers, and repair records from old family friends. We did the swap out ourselves. Sometimes we just think the worst.

Awesome, sounds like you are pretty set then, I would say this one should bring in some pretty good $, might want to offer it for sale in areas where they are rust prone (eg most are now dust), I am sure there are lots of people in the midwest who would LOVE this thing and do a fly out and drive home type thing.

Have you sold it yet? If it was me, i wouldn't take a penny under $2800 you don't come across one that nice very often, and here in california. It would go for like $4000 if it is a really clean truck. I mean interior. Motor and tranny and all, but it does look really nice, lol i wouldn't let it go if it was me. Somethings you just can't replace.

• Like 1

Hey guys, I installed a new fuel pump and the truck really runs great...except it won't idle worth nothing. Mid- range and full throttle its great. I think I'm going to put a weber on before selling it. What size Weber is best for next to stock characteristics? Anyone know a good shop that understands such installations in the Kansas-side of Kansas City? I have done a bit of research and that installation would exceed my limitations. Thanks!