How to install tach and clock on 83 and up 720

DREWSDIME

I have 85 720 xtra cab and installed tach and clock today it was pretty easy and thought i would post how to. I only needed a few tools - phillips, flat head, drill with small drill bit. I would remove your steering column cover so you dont scratch yours like I did.

005-30_zpsa282ba9a.jpg

First remove your steering column cover!!! Then remove plastic trim 2 phillips screws at top and 2 clips underneath cluster (just pull and it will pop out) Then 4 phillips holding cluster.Next remove metal cover under steering column 4 phillips and 2 larger phillips or 10mm socket. Next reach up under dash behind cluster on left hand side of steering column and you can unplug speedo cable has clip on top you just press on cable will slide off also 1 plug  on left side of cluster just squeeze both sides of plug and it will pop out. Now you can get some mor eplay on cluster and slide your had behind ride side and unplu 2 other plugs smae way just squeeze both sides . Now you cn slide cluster out farther and there is 1 more tiny plug on right side.

006-30_zps8a03083f.jpg

007-26_zps14c26955.jpg

clean it while its out

008-23_zps293f08f3.jpg

009-15_zpsee068347.jpg

Next up with flat head push tabs in and cluster will come apart

010-15_zps087dd3f5.jpg

Now you unscrew block off plates

011-15_zps7ba9df5b.jpg

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply