Ride height adjusters- rear

I would like to lower my car and have the ability to adjust ride height but still retain the factory spring location ( ignoring the common rear coil over route for now). There are companies in Japan that produce adjusters that work with the Datsun springs which are usually 4" diameter. Trouble is that they cost upwards of $800 for these kits!

537655_10151299686847370_1467202437_n_zp

Not having that sort of cash, I have been searching on the interweb for other products that may do the job and not cost the earth. Most kits cater for 2.5" springs and will not work on the car. Factory spring measurements

utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTMwNDMwLTAwNzQ3LmpwZw_zps

Anyone know of kits that may work?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How many times a week do you plan to adjust your ride height????? That's right... probably none once you get it where you want it. So why have it adjustable? Get a sheet of 1/4" conveyor belt and cut out 4" circles and stack them like shims

I fabricated an adjustable rear spring mount that we used in '98 on the One Lap of America.  We had to make this adjustment 2 times a day over a 9 day period at 9 different tracks.

Unless you need to make frequent adjustments, this is not really worth while.

I think I still have the article, and if you're interested, email me and I'll send it to you.

Dean

deans510@gmail.com

How many times a week do you plan to adjust your ride height????? That's right... probably none once you get it where you want it. So why have it adjustable? Get a sheet of 1/4" conveyor belt and cut out 4" circles and stack them like shims

Fair comment and ordinarily I would not be pursuing this option. The springs are for a Skyline C110 and I want to lower it. I dont want to cut the factory springs as one day I may wish to revert to stock.

After market lowering springs for this model vary alot. Many folk have bought springs that are supposed to lower the car by say 30mm and end up with a 60mm drop etc. The idea of the adjustable seat was to set the ride height without too much drama. And yes, it will unlikely change once set height has been attained.

If suitable perches can not be sourced , then I guess shims and spacers can be used .