artists!!! Design Dawa's next tattoo (crossed pistons)

so ive been wanting this tattoo for about 2 years now,

but you know how a lot of tattooists always want the deposit

before they even wanna sketch your tattoo for you. and even

though some tattooists are artists, theyre not all motorheads

and cant design what i want.

what i want is 2 crossed pistons. i havent ever decided what

exact pistons (motor/design) but since i have a TT z32 i was

considering pistons from the vg30dett, even though i know all

pistons are roughly the same.

itll be on the top of my left hand, about 3"x3" or around there.

i want it as big as my hand will allow.

i did want crossed pistons with a skull atop of them but that

is too resemblant to the Outlaws (motorcycle club) and im

not tryin to run into another MC that doesnt appreciate it
(or the outlaws themselves.) outlaws:

Outlaws_Motorcycle_Club_logo.jpg

please submit your original designs and ideas here, im really lookin

for your help.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not trying to be a douche, but, have you typed the words "piston tattoo picture" into Google and searched for images?

Theres a bucketload of designs, some are shit although there are some really good ones.

Doesn't beat a hand drawn original I know, but it might give you some ideas.

One of my new tattoo machines I was setting up the other day on the left side of below pic.

f69554730d8885926ace91578f7e5be5_zps5a34

If you have a preferred tattoo artist, you could take the idea into him/her and ask for something drawn up..... if you don't end up with something cool here.  Most of those artists are quite creatively talented and might be able to produce something pretty badass that they know with certainty will come out clean as a tat. 

Colored, or black and grey wash?

I think the design you have in mind looks better as black and great was, but, that's just my opinion.

I'd have a go at drawing something up for you, if I didn't have a gazillion other things to do (including post on Ratsun).

of course i googled it, silly.

i actually tried to give 3 image examples but i wasnt allowed to use their links?

not all artists KNOW what a piston looks  like exactly. shit, not all of them know what it is/what it does.

and of course its gonna be black. what other color(s) could a piston be? green? thats ugly! ahaha

Silly, I don't think I've been called something that nasty since ..........

Yeh my bad, should have realized you would hopefully have done all the normal stuff.

Don't know how much ink you already have, hence my (un) helpful comments.

I found a really cool piston this morning on google (the piston was shaped like a skull and piston combination). If I can work it out, I'll post the image.

Kudos to you for being mindful of tatts looking like OMCG ones. The Outlaws would be a tad cranky if you got something that looked like Charlie (the name of their emblem) tattooed on you.

Thanks Ratwagon1600....Yeah I should try the 510 on there for shits 'n' giggles.  By the way, love your hot wheels Mystery Machine!!! Sweeeet.

Umm, thanks mate!

Credit given, where credit is due!

Hope Dawa gets something he likes, and, yeh, Hotwheels rule!

Personally, I'm seriously thinking of inking myself with a similar pic as to what I posted, albeit with the numbers 510 (or 1600 as we. Call them here) on the conrod.

I Googled vg30dett pistons and at the top of the list for photos was a picture of 5 pistons laid out on what looks like a rag. Supposedly they're from that engine type. I don't know, you'll have to be the judge. The rest of the pictures I looked through for pistons seemed to be mostly after market looking designs. The one I used for the design was referenced from the picture I mentioned and seemed legit. I'm not familiar with the subtle differences in pistons so I'm just going by what the picture said they were.

haha, i had also come across that photo and considered printing it out and bringing it to

my artist.

gonna print your sketch up and make an appointment next week!

ill post photos and eventually figure out a prize to give you aha

• 1 month later...

yeah i hear ya. stupid body. 

my original plan a few years ago was just to have one big long piston on my left arm. 

the piston would take up my entire hand and the rod would go all the way down my arm 

to the end of my elbow, but then that rod would NEVER be straight aha