5 Speed Transmission

Markiewicz89

Well, my transmission seemed to have crapped on me. Needing a replacement or suggestions. I got a few questions before I continue my search. Maybe I can widen the search. Was curious if the 5 speed transmission 'HAS' to be a 60A (non-dogleg pattern) in order to fit. Or could the older non-conventional versions fit in a '79 Datsun 210/B310?

I've noticed finding the 60A is quite difficult because of the amount of vehicles and people searching for the 'convential style shifting pattern. To me.... If my baby can move. I can adapt to dogleg pattern. Just don't want her sitting too long. It's already been over 2 weeks. :crying:

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ebay doesn't seem to have anything except for a 4 speed manual transmission listed and nothing on Amazon. About to call a few salvage yards around my area, but considering my location.. probably won't have much luck with the salvage yards.. Never know though! I've already posted in the wanted section of Ratsun. http://community.ratsun.net/topic/54698-wtb-manual-transmission-for-79-210b310/

Does anyone have a few other websites to check out for finding a 5 speed manual transmission FS5W60A, FS5W60L or a  FS5W63A?

The only thing special about them is they have been all snapped up by MG/Triumph (whatever) owners and this has A/ reduced the amount  available for 210 owners and which has B/ driven the price up.

That's so sad. Has the prices been going up consistently? It seems if the seller knows this information about MG's and etc; the price is jacked up. The $739 and $1200 sellers mentioned the rivergate swap compatibility. Go figure.

DATSUN B210 4 SPEED MANUAL TRANSMISSION

http://bit.ly/15AtkBw

Thanks, Sierra. Appreciate the help.  :thumbup:

I would just say, 5 speed would be an awesome upgrade. I waited til I found a 5 speed. Only took like... 3 months haha. Now just need to get the rest of the parts together.

I want a 5-speed badly and I agree it would be nice to have over the 4 speed. Although, I've read the 4 speed is actually stronger.. and the 5 speed difference is it has a bigger overdrive. So, it's the 4 speed can't be all that bad.  :blush:

How much highway deiving are you thinking of doing with your B210? If your answer is not so much then go with the 4 speed.

Yep, that's why I've considered the 4 speed into my search. Even if I were to drive on highway.. I don't mind people going around me. *snicker* Not saying the 4 speed can't go as fast as the 5 speed. That's not the case.. The 4 speed just has sad highway mpg due to the smaller overdrive.

• 2 weeks later...