1976 Datsun 710 4 door

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@510farmer don't live in the valley anymore thank god. I'm in morro bay now, one of bakersfields home away from homes. Left my bike, my ae86 and my datsun back there for a while now. Ended up having to sell my forester xt to free up funds for my split:( good news is I haven't got anyone to tell me what to do anymore, so hopefully I can get some of my rides back in motion. You ever come to the coast? Bring me some l20 valve train! I'd love to just get the datsun road worthy again. Bad headlamp switch, weak brakes, bent valves... It needs some love for sure

@510farmer don't live in the valley anymore thank god. I'm in morro bay now, one of bakersfields home away from homes. Left my bike, my ae86 and my datsun back there for a while now. Ended up having to sell my forester xt to free up funds for my split:( good news is I haven't got anyone to tell me what to do anymore, so hopefully I can get some of my rides back in motion. You ever come to the coast? Bring me some l20 valve train! I'd love to just get the datsun road worthy again. Bad headlamp switch, weak brakes, bent valves... It needs some love for sure

funny is i have a u67 head sitting in my garage rite now 

i do have to use one of the cam towers for my L16

but it does have all the rest 

is your car still in town?

i honestly think i have seen it before

are you over in the silvercreek area or campus park

im off panama and ackers 

i think that trunk rack needs to go in my 510

farmer

Yeah cars in town still, out off stockdale. I did live in silver creek for quite a few years, you may have seen my corolla and the datsun putting around that area. Could use a few valvesprings and valvesand possibly the cam, to piece stuff back together, but the trunk rack isn't going anywhere:( it totally helps complete the look.

• 2 months later...

Sorry guys this was the 2500 pound 12ft long straw that broke the camels back aka my wife. She hates all three of my cars because I'm always working on them, so I'm selling the only practical car I own, putting the Datsun on the back burner and parking it for a bit until the tension cools, and taking my ae86 with me as I am moving to the coast next month. I'm pretty sure the motorcycle as a Father's Day gift, was also a "please get rid of your projects immediately" gift. But, I'm a stubborn bastard and there's no way I'm getting rid of the 710, it just looks too damn awesome. Once things calm down between my wife and I ill swap the cylinder head out, get it going so I can take it over to the coast. Then start on some simple stuff. Sorry guys but I have 4 kids, and a wife who nearly divorced me over my cars(amongst other things). Let me buff my scratches out, then I can start doing work.

I had a wife who said it's me or the car. I sold the car, and the cunt left anyways.  I have a kid with her also. I understand your wallet may hurt, but if your wife would leave you over cars... You're honestly better off without someone like that....  Been there, done that...   maybe asking you to spend more time with her sure, but divorce? lol...  good luck to you...

• Like 2

Still keeping the ball rolling on this, I'd love to strip this down, buy a welder, four link it, drop in a 1ufze and enjoy, but funds are holding me back. He'll even drop in a new cylinder head just to get it to move. Divorce is a done deal. It never was about the cars really, they just didn't help. Wts: ae86 wtb: u67 complete cylinder head...