old Honda guy needs some help from the Datsun guys

Im in the process of replacing my old wiring in my Hitachi distributor, and the stupid rubber grommet broke off, I've noticed that Datsun also used Hitachi Dizzys, the older ones look like my old Civic one aa matter of fact.,which takes the same or a very similar grommet, if someone has one like this, in their parts, please let me know, Of course like every other critical part, it's discontinued, if anyone can help, I appreciate it very much. This is the grommet the wires feed through. it's on the Hitachi dizzy on my 86 accord 533896_10151641277207018_1115473288_n.jp

I FINALLY found some terminals that fit the Hitachi pickup, the wires just have to solder to the top, then they get heat shrinked. 306012_10151641282742018_244308267_n.jpg

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

that appears to be a electronic or "matchbox" style. they can be found in the junkyard on late z cars and datsun from like 78 and up. prolly gonna be harder to find someoen wiling to part out one on here but you never know.

Have any of you guys had luck finding a source for the bearings and seals in these hitachis? I could rebuild one except for those, im going to try and track down a bearing number, a lot of them likely use the same bearings and seals, the issue is the bearings and seals get cooked, other then that its a basic distributor