Slamming 620

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you finally get the truck? If you did, you should throw up some pictures and make a build thread. You would be able to get some of these questions easily answered in that thread... if you showed us some pictures and talked a little about yourself we might be more inclined to help you out. 

Im really interested in pictures since youre right down the road from me... I live in Silverdale. I might have seen you around. 

How slammed are you trying to go? Laying frame moderately lowered? Its mostly going to depend on what wheels youre going to end up with in the other thread you posted and never came back to. 

Cool man, thanks! I will take some pics and post them. Silverdale, right on, I grew up in Port Townsend. Just bought a little farm in poulsbo to keep my wife busy. Im new to the Datsun and forum world so appreciate the advice. I ended up with some 16x8's but I'm not set on them just got a smokin' deal on them

cheap easy way....

back

remove leafs other than main leaf and smallest baby leaf. 3inch lowering blocks and Ubolts (carried at most auto parts stores)... 

front 

loosen torsion bar bolts on both sides untill threads are all gone. 

DONE :)

my truck lowered in this way... any lower and frame will most likely need notched... 

25963_4584001957196_1869097772_n.jpg

It actually came at this height, but only has 2 inch blocks and the torsion bar bolts could be loosened more. So bring on 3 inch blocks and I will loosen the bolts more to get a little more drop. Just got my new sandblast cabinet, going to blast the rims and paint them. Also have a new weber carb and header to put on :) I will get some more pics up when my computer gets out of shop, all I have now is my phone.

thanks :)... Datsun letters were cut out and welded back in then filled with fiberglass and putty and what not. Wide14u's truck on heres tailgate says da nuts. It was the same guy in boise Idaho that did both tailgates. He said he has done about 20 of these tailgates over the years, so if you ever see another nuts truck chances are its routes go back to Boise Idaho. 

There was a great turnout; real fun time. If youre looking for a complete rebuild, the real closest person would be a guy in Puyallup. He does great work, but theres nowhere that I know of here in Kitsap that does Datsun work specific. 

What makes you think it needs a complete rebuild? Have you done a compression/leak-down test? What are your problems?