ok vg30 gurus need help

jesusno2

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The pathfinder intake is supposed to be worth a few HP, But i have been told that it doesnt fit under the hood of the 510 very well. I have a pathfinder intake on a vg that i want to install in a 620, and would prefer the 200sx intake. Wanna trade? I have a picture somewhere of a pathy intake in a 510.

Jason

Yea I might be down for a swap jason but first I wanna get the engine in the car and all the leg work done with before I start swaping parts around.hey also I do belive I have a oil pan and pick up tube that will work with the vg truck swap. not sure which oil pan I have to use yet I have both frt and rear. I wanna remove the smog stuff off the engine while its easy to get to.

The only EFI stuff I would pull off the mani is the pollution junk. Leave all the idle air stuff on it. When I installed my KA in my truck I heard some of the idle air stuff isn't important so I left it off. It's alright in the summer but sucks ass in the winter. So I guess they were 50% right :D

Sounds like you are talking about the fuel pressure regulator (FPR). You need that.

Yup that is it I feel like a douche bag lol I found a diagram of what all that stuff is. I already removed most of smog junk this eve. Even did a test fit of the motor and trans and it don't fit as I suspected. Does anyone here have pics of a flipped crossmember I am unsure of where exactly it needs to be 180 at I'm also wondering about what to do about steering and sway bar still if I run the stock frt sump pan. Thinking I might have to break out the jd2 tube bender and make my own sway bar and possibly steering links it looks like? Not totally sure on that though.

you wont be able to tell the difference with the idle stuff on or off, it makes a slight difference in the winter but I have never had any probs. peace.

Even in the winter you don't notice a difference? What year is you VG? My KA runs like shit in the winter when its cold. Once it warms up its not bad I just have to keep the idle set kinda high.

Anyone that has done this swap have pic's better than the ones on vg30.com I love the conversion they have but I'm not down with spending more than 3 times what I paid for the engine and stuff I can build whatever I need to I'm sure but any advise on steering and so on would be great.

Anyone that has done this swap have pic's better than the ones on vg30.com I love the conversion they have but I'm not down with spending more than 3 times what I paid for the engine and stuff I can build whatever I need to I'm sure but any advise on steering and so on would be great.

Buy the kit, in the long run it ends up being cheaper.

Headers, and the oil pan alone are worth it, then you get motor mounts and transmission mount. Much more likely to be a completed project with the kit than half started never completed because of technical difficulties.....trust me you'll be happier in the end.

I bought the kit, not because I wasn't capable but because I didn't want to spend all that time fabricating after long hard days of work, just to work some more.

If your interested in the carb setup, I can give you the needed list of items for the Carb setup. I own the VG30.com install car. Now known as Cloud Nine. This car has been raced and won with this configuration against F.I. cars in Open Street Class for both Mens and Womens.

Below is the link to 1 image of my 72. Its the the Saudi Pathfinder Intake and a Holley 500 2 barrel carb. It was recommended to goto a 350 CFM due to the lack of modifications to the VG.

She's not a pretty setup now, but it works well.

Will be brining her to the meet this Sat. in Tacoma.

Let me know, and I will grab more pix's.

http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/show_image.pl?bg=FFFFFF&image=http://memimage.cardomain.com/member_images/4/web/2764000-2764999/2764272_4_full.jpg

I have debated on the carb setup but seems that the distribitor is a real nightmare to get. I'm still on the ropes whether or not to buy the stuff to install one I was hoping I could fit it with just a factory rear sump pan but it looks like that's a big negative.

Let me dig thru my stuff to sort out what was done to the Oil pan. I know they cut off the bottom and added and extra volume. What I dont recall, was how we got around the Sump. As far as the Distributor, I recall VG30.com being the source for all of it.