My 83 kcab 4X4 with pics - parts wanted

mini&therat

This is my truck.

IMG_0789.JPG

I like my truck. It is a good truck. It could be a gooder  :D truck though and with that in mind I'm starting in on a back to stock effort.

IMG_0784.JPG

I've had it for a couple of months now and I've picked through 11 720s at 4 different yards and was wondering if anyone out there had a couple of things I am having trouble finding:

stock black/gray seats in decent but not necessarily perfect shape

stock front push bar

stock roll bar ***ACQUIRED***

stock rear tube bumper

I'm going to start with the bed, get her cleaned up, it surprisingly has no rust through but does have camper tie down with holes drilled through side of bed. Then probably mechanics since the engine sounds like a sewing machine and it is not the timing or valves.

Thanks and I'll keep posting on this thread as I get stuff done.

• Like 1
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Had great luck at a local junkyard although this rear bumper isn't quite the right one it'll do:

IMG_0807.JPG

and for the front:

IMG_0806.JPG

and here it is loosely sitting on my truck:

IMG_0808.JPG

I think a good addition - yes?

Gotta work on the mechanicals soon rather than just looks. More to come.

I think it was a weber but they didn't want anyone pulling engine parts cause "it still runs good". As far as emblems, it had the datsun ones and pretty beat at that, but I might have a set around here for sale. If your interested I can look through my parts and give you a good price.

So for my shopping list this is how it stands:

stock black/gray seats in decent but not necessarily perfect shape (acquired passenger black/gray and drivers side blue ones in ok shape - looking at re-upholtering and re-foaming)

stock front push bar ****ACQUIRED***

stock roll bar ***ACQUIRED***

stock rear tube bumper****ACQUIRED**** Stock 82 datsun one but I think it will work for now

More trips to junkyard this friday because I think I need some new motor mounts since the engine is now being held by rubber coated steel rope installed by PO! I'll try to get some pics of that mess.

In reply to the engine sound, it sounds OK at idle but real bad valve clatter like sound under load (not valves because I have checked and fixed those) up to 3500 RPMs then it kinda quiets down.

Will be looking into it soon.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The yard I go to sometimes is the one with the old lady and she is definitely . . . different. A real old school metal scrapper.

Quick question to anyone - can I easily swap in a z24 from an 85 non 4x4 in my 83 KC 4X4?

Thanks