Losing Power and Surges

wagoon

I did the valve lash and all of my exhausts lobes were tight minus cylinder 3. She feels better, just have this ticking sound. Are my cam lobes warn and not enough oil being dispersed? How do I fix that? Once warm, I dropped the idle down and the ticking sound went away. I restarted it and she had a little trouble with gas going in, then I increased the idle at 750 and the ticking sound starts but slightly this time?

Now what?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A properly adjusted valvetrain on the L will tick a little...but evenly. If you hear an odd tick, that's a potential problem. It's a solid valvetrain, they only get so quiet before it's just music.

Have you done a compression test? It may be a blown headgasket or a burned out exhaust manifold gasket, some exhaust leaks you'd swear were valve ticks.

• 3 weeks later...

Dang, I thought I had it. Heres whats going on, I did the valve lash cold, should it have been hot? Next, it runs fine when it's cold and once its warm it has that surge or loss of compression, only when its warm. I also put new gaskets for the carb, would and exhaust leak do this at hot?