How low can i go?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thats not an answer i can use :P 

Here is the issue, i have an almost brand new 1 pc drive line in my current truck but its not long enough for a KC.

Sooooo.... i was hoping to transfer it to my dads truck, but its slammed. 

I dont know on 620, but my 521 one piece rubbed on the tranny tunnel with 720 4x4 leafs and 4" blocks... but, my custom trans mount puts my tranny a little higher then stock.

this was my clearance with full tank of gas and some groceries and no persons...

2013-01-25190001_zps71d2ceb8.jpg

That completely depends on how it was lowered, what modifications were made, etc. With the right amount of cutting you can "lower" it until the rear axle is above the cab. Without cutting, it can be lowered until the differential pinion is within spring-compression distance (heightwise) of the bottom of the cab rear tunnel. But that depends wholly on how much suspension travel is. What you do NOT want is zero angle, the U-joints need at least 1/2 degree angle at continuous use.

But that depends wholly on how much suspension travel is. What you do NOT want is zero angle, the U-joints need at least 1/2 degree angle at continuous use.

Ok, more details it is:

Truck is currently sitting on 3 or 4 inch block in the rear and the torsion bars are cranked down all the way. No cutting has been done and all i want to do is raise the truck a little to gain suspension travel and use the 1 pc driveline 

I'm interested in this as well, let me know what you find out please. I am looking at getting a 1pc for my 620 but I just did a 2/3 drop front/back.

I figure when I put in the zx tranny I'll try to replace the 2pc with a 1pc but if it won't work I will be stuck replacing a carrier bearing. Current bearing = rubber peices packed in and heald together with duct tape. No lie...

I'll grab pics if anyone wants to see it :P