project hako

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice project!  Doesn't look too bad; I see typical rust in the water settling areas that would require small patching.  YI've seen new replacement rocker for the Hako for like 50000 +/-JPY.  Hoods, fenders and trunks are easy to get (but i'm sure you already know that).  I think the hardest part would be getting replacement doors but even that there are a few scrap 4dr Hakos on YJA right now with decent doors so its not impossible to find.

GL w/ the project!  

I already planned on FRP replacement for fenders/hood/trunk and some small pieces here and there will probably run about ¥150000 total. I found doors with small surface rust for about ¥20000 a piece. Metal work ill do myself. It's time that I can't seem to find anywhere. Lol

• 4 months later...

I haven't had a lot of computer time lately but wanted to let everyone know its comming along. Got her all stripped down and started doing the metal fabrication. Definatly gonna be some work! It'll be worth it in the end.

Hard to get a hold of nowa dayz! My boy got one but he would never sell. Came across a ken and mary wagon the other day.1800 model but sr20would fit petfect. I'll put some pics up of the hako when i get a chance. Maybe later today