Am I missing an emblem mount?

mrmark

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, I can cut off the existing tabs and make a metal plate to fit inside the back of it with some bolts to go into the existing holes in my grill!  

This emblem part # 62392-H8501 is available from OEM-surplus.com for $10. With shipping $23.49.

http://www.oem-surplus.com/nwp/210-4.htm

Shipping except for large parts is not horribly more if you buy 1 or 10 (e.g., shipping for 1 is 13.49, 10 is 32.12). So this is a good time to stock up on other stuff you need. Hint: other models will have parts that fit your car that are not easily listed.

For example adding the 310 valve cover for $10 to the emblem order only brings the shipping up to $15.56.

http://www.oem-surplus.com/nwp/310-1.htm

Edited by Dguy210
  • 2 weeks later...

Welp, I ended up modifying my new emblem and making my own bracket.  It looks good, I just have to let the epoxy set up and mount it on the car.  Let me know what you think!

IMG_20130303_095238_zpsab41e2c0.jpg

I cut my "D" off!!!

IMG_20130303_095707_zps51b2b998.jpg

Made a small bracket to fit inside the D

IMG_20130303_112713_zps1f665133.jpg

I did a test fit but I can't put it in until it's fully cured

IMG_20130303_112706_zps13d5ce81.jpg

welp, I went to put it on and the fasteners i used suck so I started over.  From the outside, it looks like i needed those long screws but in reality, i needed just shortys.  So instead of just some screws I had laying around, I got some nice small bolts with washers and nuts.  I put it together last night and installed it this morning and It's much much better.  It's more solid and seems non temporary, like my first attempt.

I'll post some finished pics tonight when I get home.