WTB - 68-73 Datsun 510

I talked to Jonathan (Z-car guy) at Nissan Heritage in Nashville today, and Nissan is looking to buy a mostly ORIGINAL clean 1968-1973 510 2 door, but would also consider a 4 door.

• an early 1968 or a late 1973 would be of great interest, as they mark the beginning and the end
  • a 1969-1972 is perfectly fine
  • MANUAL TRANS (not an auto) 
  • They are NOT looking for a restoration project, and want a running & driving car 
  • They would paint it if necessary, so actual paint condition is not a priority
  • Minor body work is OK, but the cleaner the better
  • They are NOT looking for a high-dollar restored/modified car, but instead want a mostly original car
  • They are prepared to have the right car shipped from anywhere in the USA

You guys know what the cleaner cars sell for these days, and they are willing to step up for the right car.    

He & I agreed that posting as a newbie doesn't always get results, so I offered to post this up for him!  Post here and I will PM you his contact info, OR PM me directly.  There is nothing in this for me, other than trying to help them out!

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm surprized that you didn't get a lot of response. I have a 4 door but not sure it will work for you. It appears to be all original stem to stern. Was parked behind a barn for many years with the windows open. I got it started and drove it at my shop, but it needs alot of cleaning up. Maybe there is someone out there willing to do to it what it needs to bring it to your standards. I also need to chase the title or do a lean sale to get title. I wouldn't suggest this option but seeing no responses.......I'm just puttin it out there

Oh shit your still alive Fisch? lol 

Indeed Jay! Bit of insomnia tonight thinking about all the projects I haven't touched in a year, calling out to me like ghosts from the garage.

• 2 weeks later...

Update - one car has been purchased, and they are also considering a SECOND car!  I suggested that they (Nissan) get registered here on Ratsun, and start a "Project" thread, so watch for it!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.