Heater core delete (69' 510)

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

^^^^^ what he said. "plugging" a pressurized water cooling system would not be something I'd do on my car. I mean, how you gonna plug it? What are the risks of the plug failing? On the other hand, you run a loop of heater hose from the head to the motor, and you have a cheap effective solution. Just my opinion. We do this all the time when you got a hole in the core and not enough time/money to fix it right away.

Plugging is plugging. Shutting off the valve seems reasonable, jamming the the outlet on the head full of JB weld... Is what I think of when I hear "plugging". LOLZ. I did just "plug" some of those smog exhaust runners with JB weld the other weekend, temporary till I pick up some NPT plugs.

Just put a pipe plug in the rear block fitting, and weld up the return coolant line off the water neck.  Problem solved.  Capping or plugging off isn't any problem.  It's only 16 psi of pressure.  You'd want to use something OTHER than a vacuum cap that fit, mind you.  Looping the lines ahead of the firewal is easier.  Or just twist the rear block plug so it faces the front water outlet hole and connect it via a single hose.  Viola, bypassed heater core.