Help Vg30 to Ka24 swap in 2 door 510

Turbojovi

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not keep the vg30 a lot of torque there. Well your dizzy might be worth some too any ways you can get another five ten drive shaft and cut it to fit your ka

On your motor mounts this should help - http://community.ratsun.net/topic/40682-ka-motor-mounts/

And if you wanna look at this one to - http://community.ratsun.net/topic/38216-what-driveshaft/

yeah sounds like the problem i had in my 510 lol i still would have my vg30 if it didnt blow up (soo my fault lol) but i had gone sr rather then ka but i will tell you its not a cheap route lol i do like what ka-t can do now what is it there pushing 400ish now? lol crazy i guess it comes down to what you really wanna do call it quit on your vg spend money on your ka get new im not 100% sure if you will need a new trans mount but im going to guess your front crossmember is already flipped going trubo on a motor that doesnt come turbo buying new  stuff to make it work its alot of money there as well.but all that aside i would say make a shopping list of what you would need for your swap and see if your willing to spend that money for the parts cause like you said you will be doing the labor im sure guys on here would help you on the way as well.

True but I wouldn't keep it stock block just to be safe I'm shooting for 300 to 350 for my sr I wint top mount t28 for now I know on zilvia they got some Bice builds for ka's with 300 to 400. That and you can all ways look at how other guys did there ka builds here when it comes to mounting the intercooler and radiator

Oh. I apologize for not caring what I do online. I should be shot in the streets good sir. You know now I feel compelled to go around the forum around midnight correcting other people. Let's see how cool I can be and get off topic. I'll make tons of friends. Maybe next time someone asks for help on the forums, I should be one of the "dicks" and tell him to use the search bar, or a simple "do you even lift bro?".

Back to the thread.

If you are set on moving forward, the VG stuff you have will bring some money towards the other stuff you need. The distributor should be the rare Suadi Arabian Dizzy from their carb'd VG. The intake with carb, motor mounts, oil pan and exhaust manifolds are likely to sell.  Pics of your current setup would be good.

Most VG's installs into 510s did not have the front cross member flipped. Two companies (Experimental Engineering: still in business website is VG30.com and Team Thump: I heard TT is still around but not making VG stuff anymore) made install kits that used a modified oilpan so it would clear the cross member and the steering linkage.  They both made motor mounts and headers too. 

So for the KA, you will need to flip the engine cross member and also get a front sway bar to match.

DGR fabrication makes a very nice sway bar for KA and SR swaps into 510s.  Dan at DGR has been into 510s for years.

He sells them on ebay.

Here is the link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/200861782161?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Trans Cross member: Depending on which one is in your car now, you may be able to use the one you have or you can make one or buy one from VG30.com

Motor Mounts: There is plenty of info on this site. 

Driveshaft: I have seen a KA trans and from what I recall, they are pretty long. I am not sure if they are longer then the VG trans but if so, you may be able to have the drive shaft cut and rebalanced. If not, get a stock 510 DS and have it cut and rebalanced.

Cooliing system: It is possible that the one you have now will work. Depends on the inlets and outlets on the radiator and the clearance between the water pump pulley and the radiator. 

Fuel Supply: You will need a higher pressure pump and larger lines to supply the boosted, F.I. engine.

Wiring: Get a Can-Am box from Icehouse

Exhaust: You know what to do.

Lots of minor fabricationstuff to do on a boosted KA; Intercooler mounting and piping, etc.

Just sit down and write a plan and a budget and a timeline then..... Triple it. 

Good Luck. I look forward to following the buid as I have a Nice KA that has been sitting under my work bench for several years now.