Classic Japanese Car websites and forums

Hey all,

I'm pretty new here. Looking to investing in a classic Datsun to use as a daily driver and slowly restore/mod as time goes on. I'm in the middle of  making arrangements to complete a purchase, my first Datsun, a 620.

I was lucky enough to find this forum while doing research, I usually lean towards Datsun more than the other Japanese brands. I'm hoping to eventually get a 4 door for my fiancee later this year. I'm still researching different cars and options for her, I've got plenty of time for the second purchase.

Does anyone have any other good sites to recommend? I've tried with no luck to register to the Japanese Nostalgic Car webpage : http://japanesenostalgiccar.com/ and I keep getting rejected. It's always asking for the answer to the question but there isn't one, just a question mark and  a partial ( I'm guessing ) Japanese word. IE : ?chiro   I've tried every combo possible and keep getting rejected. I can't access certain areas of their forums to see cars for sale and other sections of the forums. Any suggestions?

Sorry didn't mean to advertise another page on the Ratsun forums. I'd appreciate any other pages for classic Japanese cars and parts you could recommend. I did have a link to a Japanese car parts page, supposedly for rare parts but I lost the link. I accidentaly erased the link when I was clearing links when a deal fell through for a Toyota Corona.

Hopefully I'll be able to contribute to the forums in a somewhat meaningful way. If anyone needs me to scour CL for stuff out this way let me know, I hunt for co-workers and freinds frequently.

Gino

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If youre mainly a Datsun guy then try out JNC and The 510 Realm. Those will be your best bet... be prepared for mostly Hako content on JNC (and slow traffic) and be prepared for more technical data vice warm welcomes on The Realm. 

If you really want to get on JNC, I would pm a member this guy ([member=http://community.ratsun.net/user/213-datsunfreak/]) and tell him your issues. Hes an admin over there. 

Thanks, I wasn't sure if the JNC forum was down or not. I thought maybe with my browser it was something on my end. TristinGrind, I can't see the name you referred to?

I didn't know about the 510 Realm. Bookmarked and going to register, if it'll let me. :rofl:

I'm already starting the research on the 620 for parts and other stuff. I'll have until the end of the year to research a car for my fiancee.

Yeah, if youre going to be rocking the 620, you wont get much out of the 510 Realm since its all 510s, but you will get some good engine building techniques and such since they share the same engine. 

Weird that my member code did not show up. Just search for Datsunfreak. 

• 1 year later...