Prophet1012's 1982 B310 project

Just lowering it will remove the bus-like cornering. Even with stock spring rates.

Personally, for a street car what I do is use low-profile tires (which lower the car without reducing suspension travel) and fit stiffer anti-sway bar. It results in go-cart like cornering yet still has a relatively smooth ride.

this is great advice!! thanks. if i am following your advises right, you recommend cutting spring using a "fast" cutter to avoid overheating, use low profile tires and install stiffer anti-sway bar. that should make the car handle better, right?

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Damit what a drag. I think i have to settle down with cutting factory springs :( with the front i have no problems since there are weldon coiloverkits but for the back it seems impossible to have unmodified springs. I thought i was settled for the rear end but king springs coils for the b310 are "only" 20-30mm lower and i am aiming for a 2" inch drop. Having said that i will be putting 15"rims with 50 or 60 profile tires and a 20-30mm drop may be enough i am confused

Yes u r confused. I would use high-rate 280ZX springs cut to suitable length.

You don't have set for sale by any chance do you as there are no 280zx in malta at least for parts xD

Racers and streeters both have success with cut springs and they were recommended by Nissan competition.

Even with b310 springs? If yes i have finally sorted the springs (as i have extra springs for the back and front)

N.B. i apologize if i am annoying but i need it to be sorted for an upcoming big event in malta to which i am going with my car for a static show and i want it a little bit lower with suitable wheels height and trim.

BTW i have bought a rear chrome bumper for the b310 and 2 side emblems :) just now hehe

king springs coils for the b310 are "only" 20-30mm lower and i am aiming for a 2" inch drop. Having said that i will be putting 15"rims with 50 or 60 profile tires and a 20-30mm drop may be enough i am confused

60-series will be too tall for a lowered car. You really need 50-series tires. With those you could lower it as much at 50-60mm and not rub. 

And personally I've had zero issues with cutting aftermarket springs. I'd cut the King Springs without giving it a second thought.  B)

• Like 1

If i remember right b310 spings are 3 inch ID eibach qa1 etc makes spings that size in lots of different lengths and spring rates. At the begining of the year im going to get busy on my 210 with adjustable control arms making the rear links adjustable etc etc. Preparing for a CA18det swap.

400lb springs o.O

You know you want it :P

I'll be running 250lb up front but I'm also running an A-series engine. I prefer a sporty/stiff ride, but it all depends on what you want. I haven't figured out my rears yet but I liked my old setup of 250 fronts and 220 rears on my old DA integra, so that may be the direction I go.

i will check for sure. today i tried out the rear chrome bumpers i bought via ebay. i thought they would be jdm bumpers but they were 3 piece chrome bumper. i think they looked good enough but it could be better. still they will have do make due as i won't manage to find a rear jdm bumper by 8 december here are some photos 

1473067_10151959192432367_1687355954_n.j

1461276_10151959193647367_1498886635_n.j

1441288_10151959193632367_1752333456_n.j

1476617_10151959192387367_1912139917_n.j

hope you guys like them 

I just used chrome bumper bolts. the one that are normally used to hold it on, I used to fill the holes.  :thumbup:

11-35-05aP%20Bumper%20Bolt%20003.jpg

aren't the holes along the bumper bigger than those bolts? just asking an honest question as i am slightly worried haha if they do not i guess it will have to do :(

Yeah i know lad, but the one selling these bumbers doesn't give you the side plastic and rubber nor the mounts, only the bare bumper. Having said that i don't like the rubber strip, it covers too much chrome (no offense intended). Look at this one, it does look very good in my opinion and it does not have a rubber strip...maybe i am wrongfully worried haha

http://www.driftworks.com/forum/drifting-chat/208899-anyone-modded-datsun-sunny-b310-drifting.html

I am using the ipad...cant post pictures only adressess.