Prophet1012's 1982 B310 project

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

do you know of compatible differentials, or ones than can be fitted onto a12 powered b310s?

If you mean just the third member (middle bit where the gears are), then nothing.   :rofl:

If you mean the whole rear axle assembly, 80-83 200SX. It's bigger, beefier, and a tiny bit wider, but basically bolts right in.  :thumbup:

another question if i may please, i am looking for front a rear windscreen seals and on ebay i found some, but there is written that they are for 140y b310. These ones http://www.ebay.com/itm/DATSUN-SUNNY-140Y-B310-SEDAN-4-DOORS-WINDSHIELD-WEATHERSTRIP-RUBBER-SEAL-REAR-/221369745805?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item338aaa418d&vxp=mtr.

Is there any differences between the wind screen of an 140y and 120y (since i got an a12 in it)?

If i buy them will they fit on my b310?

Hi guys ever heard of a b310 with an l16?

Earlier cars came with L-series engines as a Sunny Excellent (B110/B210), but I don't think the B310 ever came that way. Would be easy enough to do, though?

Assuming you can find a 77-79 510, that crossmember should fit your car and allow an L-series to be a bolt-in.  :thumbup:

FYI: http://community.ratsun.net/topic/103-1979-b210-l20-engine-swap/

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, i went there and done it haha, i lowered the red sunny a fair bit and noticed that the front shocks are compressed. I need to shirten the struts :@. Here is the question.....what shock inserts do you recommend? How much shorter do i need to cut the strut tube? Thank guys

I believe the common trick is using Mk1 VW Golf/Jetta inserts? Also heard of using AW11 (first-gen) Toyota MR2 inserts. 

1983 VW Golf front insert: 

Body length - 12.750"

Total extended length - 20.125"

Total compressed length - 14.125"

Total travel - 6.000" 

1988 Toyota MR2 front insert:

Body length - 14.500"

Total extended length - 22.125"

Total compressed length - 15.750"

Total travel - 6.375"

1988 Toyota MR2 rear insert:

Body length - 13.500"

Total extended length - 21.125"

Total compressed length - 14.250"

Total travel - 6.875"

For comparison, B310 insert:

Body length - 17.375"

Total extended length - 24.250"

Total compressed length - 17.875"

Total travel - 6.375"

Sounds like the MR2 front is good for a mild lowering, the MR2 rear for a more moderate slam, and the VW for a mega slam.   B)

Mega slam it is, lowering is like a drug damn it..now i need some replacement springs as mine are chopped :P i will post some pictures to show you guys haha. I am testing lowering on my red sunny as my plan is to test mods on the red first, it being my dauly and the silvr being the actual project car