weber help

so i finally got my trucks wiring issue worked out. cranked right up after that. the problem is, the weber is running at full throttle. i tried adjusting the cable but to no avail. the cable isn't pulling it open, it just runs all out when cranked. any tips? thanks guys, so close to driving my truck finally.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i just noticed i am missing the piece that opens the secondary, but i made sure it stayed closed. in fact it appears both sides close properly. i check for a missing spring. it's so cool to finaly crank it, but it just runs like a bat outa hell , so i have to kill it. throttle cable isn't even connected, it something in the carb making it do it.

I have seen the butterflies binding on the carb adapter plates and on the gaskets between the two. Both of these are simple fixes. Trim the gasket or port the adapter/manifold. You dont want those causing a airflow restriction anyways. I have also seen the throttle shaft cam(where the cable attaches) rubbing on the intake manifold at the rear of the carb.

Is your idle adjustment screw backed out far enough??

Jason

i have tried turning up and down the idle screw. also the gasket i used was not the proper one, but it fit. my parts guys helped me find one. but just cuz it fit the bolt holes doesn't mean much i guess. so i think i'll pull it iff get a new gasket and go from there.