Interior Parts Availablity

DAMLA

Hello All...I have have been looking around Ratsun for several months trying to find the right PL411.  I have come across a car listed on craigslist in Los Angeles.  It seems to be missing a whole host of parts and was wondering how easy it is to source parts.  When I do a web search not much turns up.  I have also looked around Ratsun and it seems like most parts are from various Ratsun members. 

I am very interest in the following car but curious to know how easy it will be to find the missing inteior peices (ie door cards).  Any thoughts are welcome

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/cto/3539194029.html

thanks

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know what part of Los Angeles you are in but on the last Saturday of the month the old TRW parking lot in Redondo Beach has an electronics swap meet.  You can occasionally find an old AM or AM/FM radio in working order that fits the original opening.  Many of them have built-in speakers making it easy to check for function and easy to install.

Don't know what part of Los Angeles you are in but on the last Saturday of the month the old TRW parking lot in Redondo Beach has an electronics swap meet.  You can occasionally find an old AM or AM/FM radio in working order that fits the original opening.  Many of them have built-in speakers making it easy to check for function and easy to install.
thats a pretty complete wagon. door cards are becoming harder to find good original ones. check the drip rails on the car and the rear corners of the roof. they are usually a lil rusty there.

I forgot to mention drop rails... good catch. I forgot that they can get rusty there since they are more aesthetic than functional in the back. Stupid Pininfarina. 

I forgot to mention drop rails... good catch. I forgot that they can get rusty there since they are more aesthetic than functional in the back. Stupid Pininfarina. 

That's why I drilled very small weep holes in the lowest part of the return on my sedan.  You need to be very careful not to drill into the void where the roof is spot welded into the rain gutter.  Who else would make the rain gutter integral with the body and then create a long leak path by spot welding the roof inside the rain gutter with no outlet so that the rain puddles up over the seam?

Pininfarina - Form over Function!

I got more info on the car and it has some rust issues.  The three pictures the seller sent show rust holes at the base of the pillar between the two doors.  they are about an inch long and skinny.  Then they have removed panels from behind each rear wheel opening (not the wheel well).  I am not worried about the rust behind the rear wheel but the rust athe pillar becomes more complicated and hiding other rust below that pillar.  Am I correct in thinking that rust at the bottom of the door pillar is bad and thus I should stay away?

• 1 month later...