wtt/fs '71 521 for small 4x4

I hate to let it go, but this thing just isnt going to be practical for me to keep around. We need something a little heavier duty. So, anyway, here's the ad :(.

Looking to trade for a small (4 or 6 cylinder) 4x4 truck or suv, but will sell for $1500 or best offer.

I've got a '71 datsun pickup. Body needs paint, but is in good shape. Rockers are solid, there is a little deep surface rust on the floor pans, but nothing all the way through. Windshield is out, but comes with a clean used windshield, and a brand new oem seal from datsun restore. Will need to be towed as the engine in not installed. Comes with a nice L20 with a weber carb, came out of a '78 620 I beleive. Also comes with a good 4spd tranny. Interior is okay, has a stock 521 bench seat that needs recovering. Also has a nice set of peep mirrors. Recently painted the engine bay (jade green). It's not perfect, but much better then most.

Only bad parts body wise are the bed (straight bed included with deal) and the core support is very slightly tweaked (straight one also included). The rest of the truck is pretty striaght, but not perfect obviously. Needs paint as many panels dont match, and the original color is faded. Truck will need to be towed as it does not have the engine in it. Includes the L20 mentioned earlier and the weber carb, pulled from a running truck.

Comes with a TON of extra parts:

- set of 4 chrome 17" cadillac escalade wheels with tires

- set of 4 stock 14" steel smoothies with nice 620 dog dishes

- set of 4 15" american racing alloys without tires

- extra pair of fenders and an extra passenger fender with a small dent

- extra pair of doors with a bit of rust

- extra bed in good shape (the one on the truck is kind of rough)

- 2 kangaroo windshield pouches

- Datsun 1600 valve cover

- dash mount oem speaker box (rare)

- Extra glass

- Extra set of used, ok condition door seals

- set of 3" lowering blocks w/ u-bolts

- extra tail gate

- extra core support (the one on the truck is tweaked a bit)

- extra set of oem taillights

- More I am sure I am forgetting

If I get this running before I get a good offer, I might have to keep the truck against my wife's wishes, lol. So pick this up before I get it going, lol.

I am looking for a small 4x4. This was going to be my mini-truck project, but a 4x4 is more practical for what we need I guess (that's her talking, lol). Looking for a datsun 620 4x4, or a nissan p/u or pathfinder. Toyota is also acceptable, or even a ranger, blazer, s10 or broncoII I suppose. Just something small that is capable of going off road and hauling shit around but gets ok gas mileage. Especially looking for an isuzu trooper, but I'd almost be happy with any small 4x4 that is mechanically sound or close to it.

Anyway, you can email me at phorces@gmail.com, or call me at 360/581-3308, my name is Shane.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know, but all the pictures I take make the truck look like a peice of shit, lol. There's so much that goes with it too. Basically all the datsun stuff is enough to make 2 1/2 full trucks, lol.

Anyway, may have gotten it traded locally for a samurai. A bit smaller then I was looking to go, but it'll be a fun camping rig for sure. Maybe someday I'll pick up a 620 kc like I wanted originally.

Ok, here's some pics, I also wanted to add that some of the extra parts listed are on a parts truck (the blue truck) which can be taken whole or stripped down, and I can get rid of what is left at a scrapper. Also wanted to note that I stripped the floors down and primered them, but uncovered a few pinholes on the driver's side of the green truck. Not major, but deserved a mention (and can be seen in one of the pics below)

Price is dropped to $1200 also.

The green one is the better of the two, and the blue one is a parts truck. The floor pans and rockers on the blue one are gone.

bothtrucks.jpg

partstruck.jpg

cleantruck.jpg

enginebay-1.jpg

extradoor.jpg

extrapartsfender.jpg

interiorandgrill.jpg

l20engine.jpg

windshield-1.jpg

wheelssmoothies-1.jpg

wheelsmags-1.jpg

Will sell for $700 if sold in the next two weeks. Looking to get a local 4x4. The guy with the sammy flaked.

Note you dont need to take the parts truck. If you dont want it, I'll take it to the scrapper, and you can pull whatever you want off it before I send it. Wont effect the price though.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.