Appropriate venue for this video.

Bentaxlebob

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Right on BB!!

In the mid 70's when I built my Datsun 1800 aka NFRA  RED, I was so excited when I saw BSR's 610 race car debut, that I bought the front and rear 'glass spoilers from BSR to use on my car.  I want to build another one!!!!

Ernie

I've seen your cool 610/Datsun 1800 in the Car Domain pages !!!  Is it you ?  A red one. I like it very  much.

I was just mentioning to my wife about NFRA RED and she asked me "do you know where the car is now?"  

She said I should consider looking for it and see what condition it was in and if it was available for me to "redux".

Now for me, THAT would be an interesting find .  I'm wondering how the factory Datsun Competition suspension kit I installed on the car has fared all these years?!

Ernie

I was just mentioning to my wife about NFRA RED and she asked me "do you know where the car is now?"  

She said I should consider looking for it and see what condition it was in and if it was available for me to "redux".

Now for me, THAT would be an interesting find .  I'm wondering how the factory Datsun Competition suspension kit I installed on the car has fared all these years?!

Ernie

Any ideas where the car might be??  Did you sell it to friends or relatives?

It was sold to someone that had heard I was selling the car.  That was back in the very late 70's, so I wonder about the condition of the car.  I had hoped someone would take car of it.

By the way Bob, I apologize for the thread drift.  It was not my intention to redirect the focus of your thread.  Sorry!

Ernie

That is real nice of you to say so Bob!

It would be nice to find out the whereabouts and condition of NFRA RED.  If only to satisfy my curiosity.  I recently acquired a 1983 Datsun 810 Maxima (aka 910) and hope to have it presentable for this years JCCS in Long Beach.  Will you be attending?

Thank you again for extending the courtesy Bob!

Ernie

Hi Ernie.

I might attend JCCS as car owner if my project moves on. If not certainly as a spectator.

My problem is I get into several different projects at the same time and all move along slowly. Got to manage and prioritize.

Hope to meet you at JCCS.

Bob.

Hi Bob,

I too, look forward to meeting you at JCCS!  

Which project of yours do you believe you'll bring to JCCS this year please?

Ernie

Hi Ernie.

Several projects as we speak. Got a 1200 sedan working on swapping a 13 B rotary engine.  Hope to have it ready by then.  Thx. 

"Several projects as we speak. Got a 1200 sedan working on swapping a 13 B rotary engine"

Wow - sure brings back memories for me!  We swapped a stock 12A in a 1200 coupe back in the mid 80's.  We also swapped a 13B into an RX3 and a 13B turbo into Datsun roadster.  That didn't work out too well.  Too much HP and could not maintain traction when the turbo kicked in.  Sure was exciting to watch it get sideways though!

Bob, whatever you bring will be sure to attract positive attention.

Thank you.

Ernie