HP???

73DATSON

Ok i see alot of mods going on here. I would like to hear from all of you on how much HP your lil RATSUN is pushing??? When i get my WEBCAM put in i'll be heading to the dyno,then i'll put my input. So don't be SHY :blush:   And and your MODS :thumbup:

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No. But I'm sure I could put something together if there was enough interest.

Let me tell you I'm interested in doing it!!!! I had a 13BRE Cosmo in a 84 RX7. Bought it like that I love that car!!!! Had to sell:-((( wish I never did!!! No rush with the write up just don't forgot me please....

The hardest part to the swap is the notch in the front x-member. Without it the motor won't sit low enough. I did mine then didn't like the looks of it so I had a buddy cnc one in aluminum and you also need to decide which way you want to mount it first(conventional side mounts or front plate). Once your through that step its really pretty easy. I had my tranny mount cnc'd to for aesthetic reasons.

The hardest part to the swap is the notch in the front x-member. Without it the motor won't sit low enough. I did mine then didn't like the looks of it so I had a buddy cnc one in aluminum and you also need to decide which way you want to mount it first(conventional side mounts or front plate). Once your through that step its really pretty easy. I had my tranny mount cnc'd to for aesthetic reasons.

Well I saw a front mount already. I was told to use a 12a oil pan so you don't cut into the cross member?

stock napz24, mild cam, 350cfm holley, home made header, 8mm wires, guessing 150 @ the flywheel. planing a turbo and possible r1 carbs. want to get it on the dyno before anymore upgrades though[/quote

Nice. R1crabs y? R they better to use?

I went conventional. Didn't feel like cluttering up the front of the eng compartment. It's got enough going on with oil lines etc. plus that gives me room to mount the turbo when I inject it down the road.

Do you have a build thread?

I'm very interested in this.

I don't. But I guess I should put one together. Most Datsun fanatics slag me for the rotary so I never bothered.

Fuck em lol. 

They're probably the same ones that put a SR20 in a 510. or a LS1 in a Z. So what if a rotary is in a Datto, hell even Datsun was going to put a rotary in a Datto. 

I think it's wise to start a build thread just because it's always nice to have a documented build, just in case something went down. 

• Like 1