L16 vs L20b-plugs cap rotor ect.

FireFighterZach

Hey, noob with what is probely a stupid question:

My 510 has a l20b swap in it and I was wondering if I order parts for it can I order parts for the L16 like spark plugs, Cap, rotor, valve cover and oil pan gasket, motor mounts stuff like that?

I would assume so but I don't want to order a ton of stuff and kick my self for not getting the right parts.

Thanks

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

L-16 and L-20 used different distributors,it would depend on which one got installed on your motor.Valve cover and oil pan gaskets are the same.If you need motor mounts stick with the Nissan L-16 mounts.I tried Beck Arnley motor mounts on my L-20 swap and the hood hit the valve cover,they are just a little taller than the stock mounts.Enough difference that i couldnt use them.

• Like 1

Here's the difference Old type vs. new type

3516.jpg

The 75 version is used by D4A (points), D4F (remote ignitor) and D4K (matchbox) distributors.

D4A D4F or D4K will be stamped on the side of the distributor body. USA L20B used this.

The 70 version is D410, D411, or D412 types, used about 1967-1973. USA L16s used this.