Dually wheels on 620-based RV - what do you need?

fizrat

I bought a '79 Datsun "Little Chief" and I'm looking at putting duallies on it. It came with two extra wheels for that purpose, and has tons of fender space. I'm hoping duallies would make the whole thing a bit more stable. Not that it has a lot of wobble or anything... but it just seems safer somehow.

I see there are a few dually 620s out there. I'm curious how folks mount the dually wheels on there. Is there an adapter or spacer that I'm not finding in my searches? Anyone know where to get it?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the quick response - I went ahead and posted on there.

Hope to get some good pictures up once I've finished getting a few more things squared away on it... it's being a total time sink right now thanks to lots of rusty bolts and fittings. I just spent 2 days on what was supposed to be just checking the brake pads... they were seized onto the calipers (which explained the weak weak braking, anyway). By the time I got them off I saw the calipers were pretty rough so I decided to replace those... and then noticed a couple really rusty brake lines which need replacing. We'll see where this particular cascade ends.