KA24E swap for my 620

AWSpoofwil

i know theres a shit load of links that have people do this swap, but thats not really what im looking for. TO ALL THE PEOPLE THAT HAVE DONE THIS SWAP OR KNOW VERY WELL HOW TO DO IT: simply how hard would it be? what ALL do i need to do? and when i say all, i mean WHAT ALL DO I NEED TO DO to get this engine and tranny in my 78 620 King Cab? i want to know because my friend is moving and wants to sell me his he was gonna put in his 240sx (motor and tranny) for 400 bucks. problem is i dont have that much yet but he said he would work with me on payments and stuff. im just wondering how much more money would i need and how much of a headache would it be for me to do this swap.. HELP!

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I spent about $1200 including the $500 for my motor. The only fab required was modifying the motor mounts and flipping the center link. If you keep the 240SX transmission you will have to modify the transmission crossmember or build a new one as well as shorten your driveshaft, this will add to the cost. I used a 720 trans to keep the stock crossmember and driveshaft.

You will also need to get:

Fuel pump

Misc high pressure fuel line and clamps

Fuel filters

Electric fan (might be able to fit the KA fan, but I don't like fan clutches)

Relays and wiring parts (connectors and whatnot)

Lot's of zip ties

and you will need to have:

Time

Patience

Somewhere to do all the work.

Okay thanx! But how would a 620 or 720 tranny fit a KA tho?

Like skib stated, they both bolt right up but you want the 720 Z series trans to get the shifter to sit correctly.

You should read through my build thread and the motor mount thread in my sig. ;)