Looking to Purchase a '79 620

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no standard listing price. It's whatever the seller thinks he can get. I see one listed for $3500, but not a single picture. I see another listed for $1500. Also no pictures. The actual price is what you and the seller can agree on, if you can agree at all. Low mileage doesn't mean anything unless it can be proven. Look at the odometer in my truck, look at the condition, and try to guess the REAL mileage. Because even I don't know. Could be 204,400, could be 404,400. It says 004400. I've had cars that, aside from a little paint fade, looked clean as a 20,000 mile lease return- and had 250,000 miles on it. I've also had cars that looked like they'd gone through a war, an apocalypse, and driven to Mars and back, but only had 50,000 miles on it.

It's a Z24 bottom end with a KA head, I have a huge build thread on it. Didn't you see that? And what do you mean what truck!? ;) The benefits of which are being able to mill the soch KA head and still have adjustability on the chain since it uses the L cam chain vs. the big tensioner shoe on the KA.

Yeah, it's on the build thread. Haven't re-dynoed with the cooler temps. Made 110 whp and 124 wtq with the wet rags around the intake and a testing temp of 89 degrees. I'm guessing it's about 112hp or so with the temperature change. Been meaning to go back and do it again, just haven't had the time. Not that great, but still a damn sight better than stock. Fuel mileage still sucks. I can maintain 1.5 mpg better than federal averages. Better, but not great. Once I get the 510 going I'll be driving that more though. I'll save the 4x4 for winter. And the upcoming build plan. Oh, it will be awesome.

Well, that's also through the transfer case and with 30x9.50s, and no re-gear to correct from the factory 235s. Oddly enough, the KA24E in the truck was rated at 134 hp factory. However, having owned them, and done a little bit of stoplight racing on the street with similar 4x4s, that probably wasn't accurate. Or maybe the transfer case just sucks a bit more. Interestingly enough, I made 113 hp and 136 tq in my '97 2wd hardbody, but that was with smaller than stock tires (more gear amplification instead of less) and also in Phoenix, which is below sea level. Spokane is about 2000 feet elevation. So either way I'm pleased with the results, but it still needs more power. Much more.