Need help ASAP Z24

BSmoothXTR

Here is the situation... I have scoured the net and came up short. I am in the process of having my '86 Z24 from my 720 being built... the wall I ran into is I need intake vavles, exhaust vavles, springs and retainers. I don't want to buy stock parts... but I can't find aftermarket stuff. Main question is, do the KA24 parts fit these locations on the Z24? If so, I have plans to get them, but don't want to make a huge mistake wasting the money if they don't. I would like to do more research myself, but I'm currently deployed to Afghanistan, so I really need the help. Anyone know anything?

Thanks

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, if you want to put smaller valves in. KA has 3-valve or 4-valve heads (smaller valves, but more of them).

Guys have used Chevrolet valves, grind down the length and bore out the valve seats.

Have you considered putting money into a KA? A stock KA will outpower most built Z24.

All Z20 Z22 Z24 intskess are the same size I believe. Except the 720 Z20 Mileage Option motor. You want...13201-N8500 look them up for sure.

Just find a used head and strip the parts you need. Unless your old valves are burnt, bent, broken they can be refaced and ground to fit new seats.