Codename Dottie...Built KA-T 1969 510

NaudiS4

Hey guys, figured I would start a build thread now that I have officially started on the car. My name is Mike and I've been on Ratsun for about 3 months or so starting to source parts for the rebuild. Saw this car on CL about 7 months ago and really flaked out on actually buying it from a guy. He was going out of town for a bit and I told him to get ahold of me when he got back, but he never did. Saw the car again about 3 months ago and had to jump on it. Bought this car from Trevor (flaredfourdoor) and it sat in my garage, while I started sourcing parts. The car was pretty much done aftermarket wise but supposedly has a spun rod bearing. Just moved it to my parents place in Poulsbo to start rebuilding the car.

Day we got it home.

photo5.jpg

photo6.jpg

photo7.jpg

I didn't load a pic of the front but the valance and dobi lip were hacked to install an intercooler under the bumper and on the exterior of the body panels. I hated it so I sourced a used valance and am about to buy a dobi style lip. Which will be easily removable because the front crossmember is 2 inches from the pavement. Will probably have to raise it to go over speed bumps at work.

Trailered it to dads. Heated garage is pretty nice, not to mention room to move around

photo8.jpg

DSCN0630.jpg

DSCN0631.jpg

DSCN0632.jpg

DSCN0629.jpg

DSCN0628.jpg

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

DSCN0648.jpg

DSCN0644.jpg

Got the tranny pulled today. Looked pretty good. Gave me a chance to really look at the underside of the car. Pretty decent. will need rear rockers soon. Floor pans have been patched with a couple more areas to do.

The plan is, to prep the engine bay for paint while the motor is out, trailer to paint, trailer back to dads to drop the motor in, trailer to Tri Cities to have a buddy of mine that works at Kaizenspeed to build the intercooler, piping, catch can, exhaust, tune, and fuel cell.

Engine bay is being bodyworked, possibly stitch welded, new master cylinders, CX KA radiator and then being painted POSSIBLY Excedy Purple.

Car will be coming back home tomorrow and engine work will begin. Stay Tuned.

Yeah,, I usta own this thing. Bought it back in 93'ish from a dude that "originally" built it down in Tacoma (maybe Rob?). I bought it for $3,800, lost my ass and sold it for $2,500ish (can't quite remember). I owned it for 2 years. I think since then it's had 2,500 owners. Hopeful you hang on to it and love on it a bit.