1970 1600 Pickup in junkyard!

I don't know too much about the pickups, but there is a 12/69 Datsun 1600 Pickup in a regional junkyard, pretty picked over, but still some good parts. I can pull parts! Doors, RH fender, grille & bed are gone. H/L buckets, front bumper decent, rear bumperettes & brackets ok, steering wheel, most suspension, fusebox, manual pedal set gauge cluster (dash pad is straight but lots of cracks), t/s switch, heater box etc etc. The floors are unbelievably solid, but the labor to cut out properly would make it tough. I know these similar parts have value to the 510 crowd, so any value to the 1600/521 crowd?? Was a clean truck, who knows why it's in there! Let me know asap!!

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the problem with dealing with any kind of junkyard, whether it's over-the-counter sales, or a U-Pull self service........who knows what they charge for a part, without stopping by again, or calling them (both are time & labor). Whenever I see a 510 part that I know has value to me or somebody else, I buy it!

Nismo1970, I'm glad to work something out with you, so if you're interested in the rear bumperettes, I'll pull them this weekend, and if you don't buy them, I'll just eBay them, no worries! I'll take another look at them, but they looked perfectly usable, however both seem to have the same "outy" ding, so I assume they were both "pressed on" (but no other damage??) or nudged lightly.

I didn't see any tail lamps, so I can only assume (cuz I'm not familiar enough with the trucks) that they went WITH the bed (bed is gone).

Anything else of interest?

btw the headliner is PERFECT, but I can't see any way to remove it, without damage, cuz it looks like it's glued to the inside of the roof panel. Any thoughts?

• 1 month later...

I just found a 1972 521 and a 1974 620 truck at the u pull it here in Albuquerque. Both are still fairly complete and have good body parts and complete l1600 drive trains. We could pull some small items if people have a need.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.