New Owner Camas

slemers

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With titans go 3" lowering block. Remove the bump stop and enjoy. That is how my 85 is set up

What did you do in the front? Crank the torsion bars? How about shocks? How about tire size? 210/40/18? That seems to be the tire of choice on Ratsun :)

Sorry for all the questions. I know search is my friend...

Lol its cool. I'm running 235/45/18 I believe. T-bars are loosened. I'll post pics later today.

I'm going 15x8s soon though...better ride quality.

If you lower it be ready to replace steering bushings and balljoints, you will blow em out.

Using the 3" blocks you will get it low but not laying frame or even tuckin for that matter, but it looks clean and is functional for daily use. When you lower the front make sure to reindex the t-bars to stiffen a bit...other wise you will be bouncing like your shocks are blown out. I cranked mine bout 2 to 3 teeth in (turning the right side counter clock wise and left clock wise) and it rides like stock.

I'm eventually going to go coil over shocks and remove the t-bars (Dont like the concept)

I'll do a write up on that as well as ka tranny swaps in the near future lol.

• 3 weeks later...

Bought a heat gun at Harbor Freight and removed the remnants of the body side moulding. I also bought a can of rubbing compound and the truck looks good from 20 feet or so. So no paint job in the near future for me. :) I gave it a coat of wax for good measure...

I also fixed my washer pump motor by taking it apart and cleaning up all the contact points. For 20 minutes labor and a O-ring it works well.

I will update with a new photo tomorrow :)

Slemers

• 2 months later...

I bought jesusno2's Weber and installed it today, what a difference. Idles nicely, no more bogging at 1500 to 200 rpm. We'll see what it does to my mileage.

I also put on a new water pump belt. I discovered that my idler/belt tensioner is seized for the power steering pump belt. So it's armstrong power steering for awhile. I malletized it and got nowhere. So I loosened the pump and brackets and got the belt off. No luck getting the belt back on though...

I'll be looking for a serviecable tensioner assy I quess.

• 1 month later...

I sold my whitewalls and babymoons for what I paid for them. I got tired of the rubbing with lock to lock turns. I put on the stock rims and tires jesusno2 gave me when I picked up his North American Weber. The truck runs much better with the Weber. After going back to stock rims/tires it pulls much better in 5th. With the 215/75/15's I had on previously it was too much for the stock gearing. It will be interesting to see what the Weber and stock tire size will do to my mileage.

Missed Canby because I had to work. Maybe next year....

The truck with the new Weber and stock tires and rims returned 24.9 mpg on my last tank of gas. If you are on the fence about the Weber, just bite the bullet and do it. The truck is much more enjoyable to drive .

Aint that the truth! Just put a 32/36 on over the summer and havent looked back since! Im getting around 25 city, 30 HWY myself.

How are your spark plugs looking after a good long drive? You may be able to get a lil better MPG by adjusting it a bit...

• 4 months later...

Installed a Beck Arnley 152041 fuel pump over the weekend. It's a direct fit replacement  pump made in Japan. It was 155 at Amazon.com. It previously had a Airtex pump installed  that looked like it had been there a few years. The last tank of fuel returned 29.4 mpg with the Weber on mostly highway miles. Not too shabby for a secondhand carb.

slemers