WTB SSS HEAD

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I ported a W58 closed chamber just to try it. Including removing the exhaust liners... 16-20 hours. I found it fascinating and fun.

I have a good time hogging shit out as well. Heres an intake mani I modified last weekend for my 48 dcoe's. Those 1.5" flapper wheels are the way to go.

IMG_2028.jpg

IMG_2031.jpg

Yes it is. I've ran them like that with no problems. It's also quite a bit lighter, haha. See the small hole on the bottom? Thats where it gets pinned to the head so the ports line up. Thats just how the mani ended up after opening up to 1.600". If it does leak, I'll just weld a bump on it and try again. If you look at the top pic you can see the pins in the head and gasket.

Thanks, I did see that. 40mm Intake and 35mm Exhaust though? I don't think it's a true SSS. They had 42mm Intake/ 35mm(33mm for the L16sss) Exhaust.

The SSS heads were 219 casting. Not A87. 'Kin price!!!!

Not all 219 heads have the 1.50" intake ports or the big valves. I have one of those, came off a stock Central American L14. Closed chamber + Flattops.

Some 219 heads have both 219 and A87 on them- one mark under the spark plugs, one on the front. Never seen one like that personally, but there are folks that claim they're out there. But a true SSS head won't have ONLY the A87 on it; it'd have 219 on it. V912s are replicas.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.