Dogleg front cover sleeve need badly..

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Only one good way to break that nose off the cover plate. When removing the cover plate it's the easiest thing to hit to try and loosen it. Yes I know because I have done it and it's very easy to do. The correct method is easier and doesn't break it.

Tap the other end with a hammer. Comes right off.

FS5W71Bteardown002Large.jpg

Supercrawler. You have nothing to loose. That cover plate looks like cast iron (usually they are aluminum) but check and see. Find a length of pipe the same width and tack in place so the input shaft is in the center and doesn't rub. Remove it and finish welding all the way around. The release collar slides along that 'pipe' but it doesn't support any weight or anything. I can measure mine for diameter and length. Nothing to loose.

Only one good way to break that nose off the cover plate. When removing the cover plate it's the easiest thing to hit to try and loosen it. Yes I know because I have done it and it's very easy to do. The correct method is easier and doesn't break it.

It may have needed a seal or counter bearing replaced and was broken. Hopefully it was fixed and not just sold to you. I would imagine it would work without it but not long term.

The pilot bushing is inside the end of the crank and centers the clutch disc... not likely this would do it. The release bearing collar slides along this 'nose' but doesn't really apply any force to it. The nose (for lack of a better word) just prevents the collar from touching the spline on the input shaft.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.