Does a 68-69 turn sign fit a 1972 510?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When you need parts - take a look at this website, it is a great resource for helping look up compatibility of parts (part #21 on list): http://www.carpartsm.../Default.aspx#3.

It looks like there are 2 big bifferences:

1) The first major difference is Wagon vs. Seadan. I think the Wagon has more wiring pins as mentioned by Yenpit (TJ).

2) The second big difference seems to be early models such as 68 to 69 models vs. late models like 70 to 73.

Depending on the parts you need, you may be able to use some sub components of the switch from other Datsuns of the same date range. For my 69 sedan I had a loose stalk where it attached to the switch so it had lots of play. I was able to use the stalk and the ring it attached to (sub components from a Datsun 610 NOS part I found - the steering column part diameter for 610 was different so I could not use the whole switch). I just used the lever and ring to mate up with the column ring on my 510. I essentially replaced the bad sub components of the switch with the parts from the new switch. It's going to take some research to see what you can find and make usefull.

Good luck!