Little update on my project

mrmark

My 79 B310 is coming along slowly but at least i'm closer to being street legal. Drilled my fenders and got the mirrors on today. I also made the decision to cut my roll cage so I can at least get in and out without looking like a Duke boy! I didn't take pictures of that but I just cut 2 of the 3 crash bars on the driver's side. I made sure not to cut them too short incase I want to add them back in as swing outs. I have no plans for track use as of now but who knows?

IMG_1088_zps49aa2a96.jpg

IMG_1089_zps69f429a7.jpg

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got some parts today. E brake handle, cables and brackets. Center console that goes with the brake, which includes cup holders and a cubby(i'll be test fitting tomorrow morning). I also got a washer bottle, pump, nozzles and hoses. I'll post pics as I mock stuff up and see what I need to do to make all this stuff work. Should be fun!

I mocked up the console and it looks pretty good. I think with a little trimming and a color change, it will match the interior. The shifter placement is great but i'm not sure i want to give up that little cubby. I could mount my gauges in my center vent location and leave the cubby or put a radio in the cubby, I have lots of options. The front console, rear console, e brake, cables and all the brackets/hardware was just $60. And please, no comments on the dirt or crap that's in my project car! Hehe.

The gauges are just hanging there and the rear of the console is resting on top of my rear proportioning valve controller thingy that I will be eliminating. But i'm impressed with the initial fit of the console. It's from a 96? civic. I found a great u-pull-it type salvage yard near me and I actually went there twice on saturday I was having soo much fun!

IMG_1103.jpg

IMG_1102.jpg

IMG_1100.jpg

• 1 month later...

OK, not a whole lot of progress but I removed the brake bias controller and ran a new brake line to the rear. I'm pretty sure my idea for the e brake is out the window due to the dual cable set up of the civic but we'll see. But I took some pictures and I guess i need some help. I was looking for my washer pump harness(which i didn't find) when i saw the stampings on my engine. My interior is missing lots and lots of stuff. There's a lot of crap in my car but i'm working on it. I zip tied the front splitter on just for kicks, it looks pretty good. So now on to the pics!

IMG_1142.jpg

IMG_1146.jpg

IMG_1147.jpg

IMG_1148.jpg