1982 210 Wagon Daily Driver project

LeviGideon

So I've had this car for a few years now, and until recently haven't been able to do much with it. But I think I've done enough recently that I should put up a build thread. Just some catching up...

here's what it looked like when I got it back in April of 2010:

newdatsun.jpg

Shortly after I got it we built a little roof rack for it

100_3071.JPG

I didn't do much with it but put a new fuel pump on it for a while after that, but I recently drove it out to Oregon from Alabama and have had a much easier time getting parts for it out here.

I decided to replace the front end with round-eye parts. I got a new grill, fender and hood from eagle_adam

375730_4478932211641_2050932354_n.jpg

And last week I swapped it over from an autotragic to a 4 speed... but I have no oics of the swap.

I made a run up to portland yesterday and found a wrecking yard with a brand new right fender in the original box for $50. Hell of a score.

IMG_0064.JPG

I'll be dropping it a few inches and throwing some different wheels on it soon.

That's all for now. Later dudes.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

So I've been thinking about painting the goon a solid color lately, but before that I've gotta weld up all the little trim holes and take care of some body work. So I got started welding up the trim holes this evening. Got about halfway down the driver side and then it got dark on me. So here's a crappy phone oic of the progress. Because a blurry oic is better than no oic at all...

1230121705.jpg

More updates to come in the next week or 2.

• 3 weeks later...
Nice progress man. Can i pm you someday and ask your for tips about lowering (as i saw you mentioning them earlier)? I have a 1982 b310 sedan

Have at it. I only lowered the front. The back was worn down a bit so it didn't really need it. haha I got  some springs from a b210 (they were a bit shorter than my stock b310 springs) and cut a coil and a half off, which lowered it about 1 1/2 - 2 inches. I may go with coilovers eventually, but cut springs work for now.

Have at it. I only lowered the front. The back was worn down a bit so it didn't really need it. haha I got  some springs from a b210 (they were a bit shorter than my stock b310 springs) and cut a coil and a half off, which lowered it about 1 1/2 - 2 inches. I may go with coilovers eventually, but cut springs work for now.

Ok thanks for the tip, i prefer modding my original struts (cutting the spring seat and welding a treaded ring (may not be the correct terminology) and fitting smaller (diameter wise) coils. If wish to remove my original springs as they take too much space and as a result i have problems fitting some nice rims such as rota rb 15inch.

Ok thanks for the tip, i prefer modding my original struts (cutting the spring seat and welding a treaded ring (may not be the correct terminology) and fitting smaller (diameter wise) coils. If wish to remove my original springs as they take too much space and as a result i have problems fitting some nice rims such as rota rb 15inch.

That's a much better way to do it, I was on a pretty strict budget when I cut mine. If I do go with coilovers (I think that's what you mean) I'll probably get this kit from T3: https://technotoytuning.com/nissan/610/front-ground-control-weld-coilover-kit-datsun-610. A good deal at $200.

I just ordered those (from that site as well) but for datsun 1200, as they fit my stock b310 struts. I only need to know how much should i cut off the struts, maybe i'll ask someone over the forum. A.so i don't knowwhat to do lower the rear

I'm not ure on how much to cut. I assume it depends on how much you want to drop it, and what struts you want to use with it. There is some info on rear coilovers in the howto section. http://community.ratsun.net/topic/41526-rear-coil-overs-for-a-510/ Though I'm not sure if 510 rear shocks are the same as 210.

I will use my stock struts. I am sure someone will help me with strut cutting and rear lowering problem. I wish to cut the strut a little bit and then adjust the adjustable coilovers to lower it as preferred (or imposed by rim). My only fear is that i ruin the strut. In that case i don't know if i'll find other struts to replace them, being so rare.