Got a mechanical question..

I don't know if some of you seen this car on criagslist yet (http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/3237896599.html) But I talked to the guy and he said the only problem mechanically is when you do a cold start if you just sit there it will stall, so in the morning you would have to press the gas for it to stay idle.

Is this a huge problem? And if so, how much would it cost to fix it.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My car does that as well. I pull the choke out all the way when I start until its running. Then I slide the choke in until about halfway-ish or so until the car warms up. Once the car is at temperature, I push the choke in and go on my merry way. Easy peasy.

It could be just the choke, it could be the carb needs to be slightly adjusted, but either way its super simple and I wouldnt worry about it.

just tell him to stick a feather up his ass and give you the car and you'll both be tickled. not much info there. Price depends on how many miles, if he meant the title was "on hand", does it pass smog, etc. wildly guessing $500 is a smart 1st offer?