1971 Datsun 510 swap help

Dalawoi

Recently picked up a L20B swapped 71' 510. I live in Iowa so as you imagine I have alot of rest repair head of me. But my buddy has like a 89 240sx coupe with a running Ka24. And was wondering if that direction what parts swapped over. Conversion parts, carb to fuel injection swap suggestions, and any other swaps I can do ps brakes etc.. I know these are probably very newb questions. But Im from the dsm world. But always loved old datsuns and couldnt pass up this deal. Now for pics.. Alot of them are "glamour shots" aka highly edited with very nice cameras by decent photographers.

510sex.jpg

• Like 1
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All you need to do is search this forum. These are very newb questions. Are you wanting to swap the KA into the 510? The KA is the most popular and most well documented swap available. As far as other things that could be swapped.. just search. You will find it all very easy.

Thanks for the pictures though! You need to go moar low.

Will look up more. Yes trying to KA swap into the 510. Bur was wondering what other swaps from a 240 I could do for instance brake swap swap etc. Just want to know if buying a cheap 240 is my best bet. Thanks for the comments. From Iowa I know of 2 running and 3 more in Minnesota.. Need to replace the back section of floors and rear quarters. Shes a nice 20 footer.

Nice 510! You should try to attend a regional VINTAGE race, and would likely meet a few Datsun 510 racers, check out some cool cars. There are actually quite a few out of the Chicago area, but not too many of them on the forums. You might still be able to catch a race this year, before the snow flies...........check the racing schedules online at Autobahn (Joliet IL), Rockford (Rockford IL), Road America (Milwaukee WI). Good luck with the project!