Limey bike lovers...

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

About '57 my dad found a BSA bicycle and bought it because he had had a BSA motorcycle 'back home'. He never rode it and I think it was just one of those things that was a comfort to have around to remind you of the old days. It was 4 or 5 years before I was big enough to ride it. It was made by Birmingham Small Arms and had a three speed twist shift gear change when all my friends had single speed coaster brake bikes. No one cold beat me in a race.

About '57 my dad found a BSA bicycle and bought it because he had had a BSA motorcycle 'back home'. He never rode it and I think it was just one of those things that was a comfort to have around to remind you of the old days. It was 4 or 5 years before I was big enough to ride it. It was made by Birmingham Small Arms and had a three speed twist shift gear change when all my friends had single speed coaster brake bikes. No one cold beat me in a race.

The owners of the store where I buy beer, American owned,Have a restored BSA. It's cool I'll try to snap a pic next time he rides it. He doesn't ride it there much.