Datsun 810 Maxima DIESEL Considering SALE - Help Guys :)

So I am making this brief thread and want to get some input from potential buyers in CALIFORNIA or perhaps any other state that may want this car. The goal is to get the input from people of what the car is worth in the eyes of a REAL BUYER. I am not making this an auction type sale, please see below before assumptions are made (thanks administrators).

I bought this car from the original lady owner. The car had only 63K when I bought it . My mother who lives in CA needed a more economical car and so I sent this 810 after dong glow plug replacement and new rear shocks. Everything worked except the "lady that talks to you" inside the cockpit. The car is all all original brown, gray interior, power everything and ice cold A/C. This car runs and drives perfect and it is indeed a time machine. I took it to Canby in 2011 and was not able to find a pix.

Now for the RULES (being a mature Ratsun member)

Car is in CA, ZIP 97029 near Hollywood//Sunset blvd, but I can get it anywhere in the country

Car has approx. 78K miles now

All Original and Unmolested , unlike the children that are allowed by parents to sleep over Priest's houses

Year is 1982

DIESEL

AUTOMATIC

POWER everything

Tinted last year

Front seats and carpets clean and perfect

Although I am no expert, I think this car is worth about $5,000 NO SMOG or DEQ check anywhere, over 35 MPG and gets thumbs up everywhere.

I am thinking that I want $4,500 OBO for it plus shipping if need me. But money talks. My mother needs a different vehicle for her new business and is sad to accept that her "classic" will have to go. The title is clean and so, this is as much as I have for now.

Minor Flaws:

Antenna does not work

Talking lady does not work.

Backseat upper back sun fading

I am having my mother text me pictures, the picture below are an EXACT replica of the car, same color, same condition, etc...that I found online.my car is a mirror image of this one.

Gentlemen, thanks for your interest :)

Datsun810DieselMom.jpg

1982-Maxima-back.jpg

1982-Maxima-Engine.jpg

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That is correct my man! BUT...in CA DIESELS are an exception and will always be. My mother was able to register it the day it arrived and DMV said, "it is exempt"!!! So CA buyers, this car is SMOG Exempt meaning = no smog required. :thumbup:

Rotary510 is correct. Diesel powered vehicles manufactured prior to 1998 or with a Gross Vehicle Weight (GVWR) of more than 14,000 lbs, electric, natural gas powered vehicles over 14,000 lbs, hybrids, motorcycles, trailers, or gasoline powered vehicles 1975 and older do not require smog, verbatim from the DMV.

There was one here for sale a year or so ago for $1500 in similar condition (pretty dang clean...maybe not quite as clean as yours but still...). Not that yours and that one aren't worth more, just saying. I probably should have bought it. These are essentially a 280zx with a sedan body! IRS sedan...

so input has been limited. I am going to let the thread run its course. Won;t really know what offers I'll get until I get it on Craiglist. Realistically, I think $4,000 will get this car on someone's driveway.

"Antenna does not work" standard for older Maximas unfortunately. Can be fixed.

"Talking lady does not work" is a blessing in disguise, most male drivers look for ways to shut the nagging up!

HA HA HA HA!!! good one! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.