OKKKAYYY! New disc brakes on the wagon that I can't bleed?

rayven14

So I swapped out the brakes, with new 280zx calipers and all the associated hardware right?

Created a vaccum system with a big pump that I use for vacuum bagging fiberglass ... Its got lots of pressure. I used the system on the front brakes and clutch and it worked wonderfully so I know it works.

Problem is it will not work on the rear for some reason.

I've tried pumping the brakes and the whole nine yards

Anybody got any advice/ ideas?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

something about a proportioning valve or something installed in/on/near the master cylinder that doesnt allow you to do that.

i know thats pretty vague but im sure someone else will chime in.

The line toward the rear end was blocked/clogged. I vacuumed fluid through the line and replaced the hose just before the two way distribution block. Got fluid to flow to teh corners but still need to correctly bleed the system. ... after I find the second lost master cylinder cap.

:geek: Heavy sigh!!!!! Update for those of you that give a rats ass.... yes Im bitter so effing what.

I have a whole bunch of new shit for the brakes, fronts, rears, brake booster and a new master cylinder. Nice clear fluid coming from all four corners and no pressure to the pedal.

Does anyone care to give me there .02? again yes Im bitter so effing what.

Bleeding brakes is not easy. I been doing it 30 years and still find it difficult.

If you adjust the rear drum brakes it helps bring the pedal up tight.

Now if the master and all four wheels have been bled properly, but the pedal still goes to the floor -- the master cylinder is probably bad. Is that the symptom (pedal goes to the floor)? Or something else?

GGzilla,

'

Bad Master!!! fresh out the freakin box!!!! I was completely livid trying to figure this out but now ...Im ok. I got a new master, bled the master the rear then the front and badda bing badda boom brakes!!! freaking finally!

Now Im not gonna sale her .... this week anyway.