Draynor

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 510kamikazifreak

Ok thanks guys.

So new flare nut, should I try that first and see what happens or go for a new brake line right away?

Do you want to stop?

if you answer...yes..

there is the answer

Ok thanks guys.

So new flare nut, should I try that first and see what happens or go for a new brake line right away?

Option 1 = putting in a new bake line with new nuts.

*New line with nuts should cost you about $15-ish. Maybe $20-$25-ish if order away.

* A brake line bending tool (if needed)around $12-15-ish

* Brake fluid $5

Option 2 = Use old brake line with new brake flare nuts.

*Buy new brake flare nut around $5-$10-ish with shipping (I dont know local price could be on-hand and lots cheaper )

* Metric Flare Tool kit = $20-$50

* Brake line bender = $12-$15-ish.

* Metal File = $5-$10 (@ harborfreight) ... you need to de-burr brake line.

I would see if you cannot simply re-negotiate your current brake line into the wheel cylinder with finesse. Make sure brake whel cylinder threads are good and re-usable especially if aluminum. Steel brake lines usually arn't too fussy (even when old) when being asked to be re-used lol .That is if you can do it easily in this daylight within 30minutes-1hr. If it apppears no hope .. then simply go straight to another option such as above. If a line ends up being your problem ... and you can nab a brake line/metric nuts local that's the way to go!

Remember my prices listed above could be cheaper or more expensive ^^^ . If you have the time call 2-3 autoparts stores an make sure they carry it AND have it in stock. Than compare to online and do what fits your needs best :)

Option 1 = putting in a new bake line with new nuts.

*New line with nuts should cost you about $15-ish. Maybe $20-$25-ish if order away.

* A brake line bending tool (if needed)around $12-15-ish

* Brake fluid $5

Option 2 = Use old brake line with new brake flare nuts.

*Buy new brake flare nut around $5-$10-ish with shipping (I dont know local price could be on-hand and lots cheaper )

* Metric Flare Tool kit = $20-$50

* Brake line bender = $12-$15-ish.

* Metal File = $5-$10 (@ harborfreight) ... you need to de-burr brake line.

I would see if you cannot simply re-negotiate your current brake line into the wheel cylinder with finesse. Make sure brake whel cylinder threads are good and re-usable especially if aluminum. Steel brake lines usually arn't too fussy (even when old) when being asked to be re-used lol .That is if you can do it easily in this daylight within 30minutes-1hr. If it apppears no hope .. then simply go straight to another option such as above. If a line ends up being your problem ... and you can nab a brake line/metric nuts local that's the way to go!

Remember my prices listed above could be cheaper or more expensive ^^^ . If you have the time call 2-3 autoparts stores an make sure they carry it AND have it in stock. Than compare to online and do what fits your needs best :)

Cool thanks for all that man. The wheel cylinder threads look to be good. Just the flare nut is pretty rounded out but it still goes in and out pretty smooth. I have tried taking the flare nut and line off and re-fitting them a couple times but it still leaks. I am gonna call around to the parts stores and check a couple sites and see what I am looking at price wise here.