Another 2dr rat

yeah mine isnt too fond of the cold either but that's mostly my battery. I just put my sohc ka that i bought for the 510 in a hardbody i bought without a motor. I hope to make a drift truck out of it. I picked up a complete dohc ka for the 510 last week

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I pulled the l18 out....Sunday and put the ka in Monday. Did one last drift session with the l18 in the icey driveway lol. Come on by, my roommate just bought a 620 that had a bad motor so I sold him my spare l16 for 50 bucks. So it's not just 510 love here.

I met "MyDailyRoutine" today as he picked up the L18, very nice guy and it was a pleasure doing business with him. Anyway I finished up building a trans xmember so the motor sits properly. Now its just a waiting game to get the radiator and driveshaft back from being modified and she is ready to get the piss beat out of her. Rolled it out of the garage to take a very poor quality picture with the carbon hood. I need to invest in a camera.

imageknu.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I drove the rorange 510 yesterday. I was quite happy when it moved on its own. I still have a few issues. I guess I measured wrong on my bucket seat placement so I'm very uncomfortable driving the car. Simple fix I gotta move it back and the rear up. Second problem is the alt isn't charging. Third and final problem is I HATE not having gauges that tell me everything so I need to do some wiring. Anyway did a little burnout in the street and then put her away until I get money for full exhaust and some gauges.

Well im back on the road in the rattiest 510 ive owned. Everything seems to work well. For the first time since ive owned her she seems to have traction issues on those super sweet 185's.

picture001kk.jpg

Please forgive the brake booster vacuum line going across the valve cover. I have since blocked it off.

picture002wx.jpg

Battery cover out of a license plate it reads "5andyme"

picture005br.jpg\

picture006cb.jpg

ratty = awesome

Looks great to me!

Thanks matt!

So, small update, I now have tach, temp, and fuel (the easy one lol). No speedo yet but im working on it! An exhaust is now on the car which makes me happy. I have an exhaust leak I need to track down but overall im pleased. Im also throwing a CEL for knock sensor so I tested it and came back that its useless. For now im going to use a resistor but ill eventually replace it with a good sensor.

• 2 weeks later...

So I fixed the knock sensor code and she runs with no cel's! Man she rips! I definitely have traction issues with the open differential. So I decided I want a little bit more, so im going ka-t. Next mods are small t28, sr injectors, fmic, enthalpy ecu, and an LSD. Hopefully ill have the turbo set up in and running by the end of march.

• 1 month later...

Small update on the old girl. The ka runs great, fairly quick, reliable, and gets decent gas mileage. Im keeping this car as my DD so i started laying sound deadening on the floorboards and in the door. Im amazed at how much quieter the car is after just one roll (passenger floorboard, passenger door, part of the trans tunnel). 2/3 more rolls are going in.

• 1 month later...

I actually do have a high resolution shot of that pic, pm me your email and i can send it to you. So small update, my car got backed in to.

imagegrt.jpg

imagebqb.jpg

Sorry for this horrible picture, especially with my finger in it -_-...but this is what it ended up looking like after i took it apart to straighten it.

imagezyr.jpg

The fender is a little bowed out, but not too bad. I dont rub on passenger side now, i do rub on drivers side.

imageerb.jpg