Help!! Weber carb conversion thottle linkage??

travis06lly

ok so i started doing my weber carb conversion and so far its going pretty good considering its really my first time to mess with a carb lol! well im to the point where i need to conect the throttle linkage, i read already that the stock hitachi carb linkage works on it so i swapped them out but the throttlw cable isnt long enough so the linkage really doesnt go all the way down, so wat are yall guys doing to make it work? i have the linkage kit but it doesnt look like any of that stuff will work, also one more quiestion do you really need to put a fuel regulator in line. There is acheap looking electric inline fuel pump on it what should i do? o buy the way its a eletric chock 32/36

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

from what i read here weber carbs like about 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 psi so if that fuel pump is over that you would need one. i have a elec. fuel pump that is 6psi and i have a regualtor from advanced auto that adjustable and it was only ~$30.

more of less like this:

http://www.ebay.com/...r_Parts&vxp=mtr

for the rest of the stuff about linkage i couldnt help..someone will be by sooner or later too help.. sry man

Is this a 620?

On my 521 I just used the 521 linkage that bolt ot the back of the carb and put it on th weber. It should match up. The part that is put on the sloted threaded shaft. Shouldbe perfect fit.

I used the stock cable holder also buyt since the weber hole specing is farther apart I had to slot the holes in the cable holder.

Webers usually come with a new cable holder for the threaded accel cable to go thru.. But Im not sure if it lines up with the stock pulley assemble when the cable lies in it. You know what I mean.

• 2 months later...

Don't know if you got this figured out or not, but my 38 came with the linkage already nutted to the shaft coming out the back of the carb...only problem was, it had to be flipped 180 so that the curvature is facing downward to the intake...I also used the bracket that came in the kit...it bolts to the intake same as the o.e. Bracket but has a slightly different bend. Now all is well!

also one more quiestion do you really need to put a fuel regulator in line. There is acheap looking electric inline fuel pump on it what should i do? o buy the way its a eletric chock 32/36

You do need a regulator if the pump PSI is higher than 3.5 psi. If there is a part number on the pump, search for it online and see if you can figure out the psi spec. Some pumps label the psi on the pump body. But you don't need an electric pump, the stock mechanical pump works fine with a DGV.

If you do run a regulator, DO NOT run it inline before the carb as it restricts the fuel flow, run it after the carb on a return line loop. There are regulators you can run inline before the carb. Holley makes them, but be sure to get the low pressure regulator. And get a gauge too so you can set it accurately.

Holley_Regulator.jpg

IMG_0622.jpg

This is for dual carbs, but you can see the gauge on the end.

IMG_0621.jpg

• 1 year later...