Weber dcoe vs Mikuni phh

EricJB

It seems that Mikuni is the carb of choice around here. Or maybe there's more of them in the for sale/ wanted section.

Which do you prefer and why?

I have always been a Weber guy myself, and being that Mikuni stopped production, and Weber is still going, it seems that Mikuni is a dying breed. I have a set of 44phh's and am wondering if I should bother with them, or just sell them and buy some 45 dcoe's Are Mikuni parts and jets still around? Who is a good source?.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For tunablility and reliability I I would go with the Mikuni's they are still around you just have to look. Webers are good because the parts are readily available. I personally love the Mikuni's and if you know where to find them they are the ones to go with. If you want the best of both worlds find a set of SK Racing carbs, tunablility and reliability of Mikuni's and parts availability of the Webers. Basically they are a Mikuni/Weber hybrid. Made by a company in Japan called OER they have been known to handle some boost also. I have a set of Mikuni's and SK Racing carbs and I wouldn't run anything else. Look at wolfcreekracing for the Mikuni parts, webers can be found everywhere.

Here is my Mikuni setup :

b6305632.jpg

I loved my mikunis. There is just something about the japanese nostalgia that makes them 10 times better than webers. As far as functionality I cant vouch for webers but when I got my mikunis back from todd walrich I bolted them on, adjusted the mix and the idle, and drove the piss out of em. Never had to do anything else to them and I never ever used the starter circuits.

Mikunis are ez to understand the jetting system.

Webers they made them up as they went I think so a numerical increase in numbering doesnt always mean a increase in Size.

Byron 510 on the realm told me Mikunis are better for normal driving cause of a mid stage sytem they have.

I alwasy have had mikunis and only proplem on my yellow car is one needle valve gets stuck(run out of gas) I just bang on it.

My Banzai car the jet block back out everynow and then. Carry a screw driver.

Also I had the inner venturi work loose,cutting the top end off at higher speeds. Tighten the outside screw with jam nut.

parts are avail from Rebello or Wolfcreek and others.

I think 40s are better for the street myself.

those 44s I wouldnt sell them personally