question installing weber throttle

twotoedbandit

I'm going to be installing a weber 32/36 dgv tommorow on my b210 and I'm looking at the kit from redline. Everything looks fairly straightforward, but for some reason I can't wrap my head around how the throtle cable attaches. I have the throttle cable holder that mounts to the manifold and this other weird looking bracket. Anybody have a picture of the throttle cable installed. Maybe I'm just too tired right now, but it's not making sense....

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Take the quadrant off your stock carb, and put it on the Weber. CAUTION: do not get it "tight", only do it enough so it won't fall off. Overtightening causes shaft and linkage problems.

3067.jpg

Fit the bracket to the Weber

24170.jpg

Feed the stock cable through the bracket and thread the end through the quadrant, as in the stock setup.

This was helpful to me too, and i wasn't even looking for it, since i have a Holley 5200 and a spare Hitachi that i can steal the quadrant off of. That cable bracket looks easy enough to fab up too. I think I've seen your work on one of those brackets on datsun1200?

ok tried installing the weber today. everything went well except for the throtle cable. This is the cable end that I have.

7469062096_97c7fa1f6b_b.jpg

There isn't a way to put it through the bracket pictured in the above post.

This bracket was in the kit as well, but I can't figure out how it would mount to hold the cable. Any ideas?

7469064760_84483a6268_b.jpg

ok tried installing the weber today. everything went well except for the throtle cable. This is the cable end that I have.

http://www.flickr.co...N07/7469062096/

There isn't a way to put it through the bracket pictured in the above post.

This bracket was in the kit as well, but I can't figure out how it would mount to hold the cable. Any ideas?

http://www.flickr.co...N07/7469064760/

I'm still not quite happy with the angle of the cable. This was a quick and dirty to get it to work. But it seems to be ok and I haven't changed it yet. Basically I modified the stock carb bracket (actually an extra I had from a 1200 carb). Mostly cut it to clear, and added a slight bend and used longer bolts.

aa707778.jpg

That will wear out and break the cable in a matter of months.

I know. It's temporary, and I've been keeping an eye on the cable. I've got a rebuilt Hitachi sitting in a box that is going on as soon as I'm not swamped with work crap.

Mine wraps around the engine and approaches the carb from over the valve cover. Its held by a clamp on top of valve cover, and the cable just goes nice and smoothe to the carb,, using the stock carb linkage.